Swans in a hotel

Forgive me please, but what about the "human" health department? It can't be too sanitary to serve food around animals. They might be able to contact wildlife officers to investigate the situation and get a much faster response.

How neat! Thank you so much! I will definitely add that suggestion to the letter . . . I think I won't print it out for a day or two, just so I can amass more suggestions. The more there are, the more likely there'll be something they take into consideration, right?
smile.png
Or else they'll just be supremely annoyed at having to read the thing. Oh well
hmm.png

What if you approach the hotel with something like, " I am concerned about the swans. It seems they can't get out of the water to rest. I would like to create____ for them to use to periodically dry off and rest. Would you mind?"

Good luck~

I like this approach much better than reporting them for animal cruelty. More constructive. The island would be nice i think.

I don't think of any of this as slander. Wondering about the conditions the animals we encounter live in is part of being aware that not all people know how to keep animals they have well.

That commercial enterprises sometimes keep animals in ways that are not humane is not uncommon. That other people keep animals in less than humane conditions is also pretty common.

I don't see anything wrong with wondering. Figuring it out and trying to see to the improvement of conditions for these swans.

If they truly aren't given rest in a dry area then they really do need someone to become interested in the way they are kept and to try and educate the hotel and staff.

Swans and ducks are often kept in the safety of a crate while their areas are being maintained and there is nothing wrong with it.

I have not decided the circumstances, because I am not there. Investigation and if appropriate, intervention on the part of people who care is the only thing that CAN improve the situation if it needs improvement. The swans certainly can't make suggestions.

The welfare of animals is the business of everyone who sees them. Caring about how animals are handled and cared for is the only way to ever get it to change.

Heck, caring about how my food is raised or grown is why I'm here.

Nobody is demonizing the hotel or it's employees. There may or may not be someone seeing to their needs. It remains to be seen. Businesses that keep animals have every bit the same responsibility of good care that any home does.

Unfortunately many people still are of the mindset that it is JUST an animal, big deal. I happen to think animals should be kept humanely, including access to dry rest areas for water fowl. Even though I detest white swans with a vengence. Keep them properly, or don't keep them.

Back
Top Bottom