Swap Meet - Charlotte Michigan - April 26

Thanks, just had hubby call around before I saw this post, and they got new Isa Browns on Wednesday ... hoping Crabby won't notice her eggs hatched into 4 day olds.
wink.png

OK, which one of you ordered this cold weather???? Huh? Fess up!! LOL

Well we had 14 people selling, 4 that pre-registered that didn't show, probably due to the weather. We are hoping if we do better on the dates (not the same date as the MBGB swap or the double rabbit show in Ionia) we will have a much better turnout. We are also thinking of doing it indoors, since we will have more time to book the dates. Who would think it would be 80 on Friday and 45 on Saturdau?? Well, I guess it is Michigan!! Most of our buyers did fairly well, some sold out and left early, the rest got cold and left so we were done by 12:30.

I met Chicflick and KrisRose who drove all the way over as it was ending and missed it all. I seen little Spagetti and talked to his owner, bought a couple of books from her. Didn't see Mom, but her girl was a cutie.

Hey Steve, didn't see you!! Must have missed you, though I think I saw your cousin!!
ep.gif

Quote:
Aww mannn....wish I'd have known they were coming, I'd have drove back to the fairgrounds to see them.

Vicki I asked the girl at the front gate if she was Vicki, she said you were back at the grounds working there. I looked at everything and talked to some people, I got there early enough to help a lady set up her EZ up tent. She had a bunch of rabbits, she told me I needed 2, but I know what happens when you put them together....

Would have been nice to meet the people we share they keyboards with.

Hi XP,
I got there but you had already left. I picked out a nice black and a white frizzle for your little girl. They were happy to get back home where it was warm. I met Angie and she came over and her daughter picked out a couple of nice pullets for Spegetti. Lucky guy!
Gayle

Was just looking for your phone number in my email but I realized you have mine but I don't have yours! :eek:

We would like to come over and pick them up if that's okay ... give me a call on my cell.
big_smile.png

SO sorry we missed you ... we stayed until about 11:15 I think, it was just after Guitartist picked up Spaghetti when we finally left. My little girl was watching for you all morning, and was my best little salesperson.
wink.png

YAY! We now have (8) 3-4 day old Isa Brown (Red Sex Link -- same thing, right?) pullets from TSC and (4) frizzled pullets, plus (1) non-frizzled, between 3-7 weeks old from frizzledhen! Hubby is out setting up the brooder with a divider so we can put them all out there with their own lamps.

Hoping that Crabby will think the Isa's are her own in the morning, if not, we'll break her broodyness, because she's become a menace in the henhouse. When we had a broody Black Australorp last year, she was protective but not aggressive ... Crabby is out for blood!! LOL

Updated my chicken page with the latest news, and will add pics soon!

Last edited:
Hope you like your Isa Brown. We have only one but she is a really nice girl. Not aggressive like our two RIR. She was the first bird to start laying last fall and she consistently lays a HUGE brown egg. Her name is Maisey. She is very friendly also. She's one of the first to come visit you when you walk into our pen. If I didn't have too many birds already I would get a few more. Too many birds. That's so easy to do isn't it!!!
You will like your Frizzles, too. They are a conversation piece for all who visit us-especially our big standard white. Her name is "Ella"-"Cinderella", because her big round fluffy body reminds me of Cinderella's ball gown.
I hatched some mutts from our flock and it looks like I got several"Sizzles" out of the bunch. Looks like my Barred Frizzle roos were very busy boys. It's fun having new babies in the family. Good luck with them.

Posted this in feedback, but would like to post here too.....

To Frizzledhen (Gayle):

A HUGE thank you for the little frizzles, the eggs and the input/information!!! You have WONDERFUL birds and are a great person to do business with. I look forward to doing business with you in the future
big_smile.png
The little cochins we got from you are doing great, they have settled right in to their brooder. My DH wasn't originally a fan of the cochin style chicken when I showed him pictures, but now that he has met those little banties in person, he is just tickled pink about how sweet and docile they are. He picked the little black one up and she sat right in his arms and settled right down to snuggle! He is SOLD!
lau.gif
No more arguements on what kind of chickies I get
wink.png
He loves the little buggers
big_smile.png
love.gif

I'm tellin you folks, if you ever get a chance to make round way of this part of Michigan and catch up with Gayle at a swap meet or something, do it! She is a wonderful person to deal with and her birds are so well taken care of! I give her two thumbs up!
ya.gif

Spaghetti was great on the ride home. We didn't cover him up, wanted him to be able to see. He just laid down in the box and sat until we got home. He is a little unsure of us as he doesn't know us yet.... but everyone loves him and the little noises he makes when he talks
smile.png
I can't wait for the day when I can introduce him to his new girls. My daughter is having a HECK of a time picking out names for her little white and black frizzles... I told her Onion and Olive... you know, to go with Spaghetti
wink.png
lau.gif
But she thinks that's not pretty enough names for his girls! LOL

A side note, our little frizzles aren't actually frizzled..... but they carry the gene so I refer to them as frizzles. Frizzledhen's frizzled chickens were the CUTEST!!!! And the frizzle feathered ones were nicely frizzled !!!!

Back
Top Bottom