Swap-Purebred Chicken Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'll take the cuckoo marans and offer 6 black bantam cochin eggs to ship as early as Wednesday as long as the girls cooperate (have to work tomorrow and Sat. and have a midwife appt. Monday and another swap to ship out Monday, too). I do have one blue cock and three blue pullets in with my blacks, but they were only born in Sept. and I do not think they are laying or breeding, yet. Just saying this b/c if they are, you may have the possibility of having blues and splashes, but again, this is very, very, very doubtful. All of my original stock is from Judy Gantt.

My only concern is that it's cold right now so I worry about someone getting frozen eggs in the mail, but it's supposed to get warm here tomorrow through next Wed. so might work out okay.

Pics ~ I'll post them here from the post I made on the show your cochins thread.
Here are some of our pets.
smile.png

(This was at the beginning of the January, they have grown and developed even more since then. They were hatched Sept. 2008.) The sun was weird in this pic, they are not oddly colored like this.
100_5145.jpg

Some of our blacks
100_5157.jpg

100_5158.jpg

100_5159.jpg

100_5160.jpg

(The two lessy show of the ones from this pic now reside with EllyMae.
smile.png
)

I would love the Buff Silkies and offer LF Buff Orps:)
Here's Brewster and a hen (he's got 6 hens laying, one isn't and I can move the 2 Gold Lace Wyandotte hens out to ensure purebreds)
3495nxt.jpg

avr390.jpg

The egg in the middle is always lighter colored, XLG and usually double yolked.

Last edited:
Could you please post pictures of your buff orps. There they are! Thanks!

Last edited:
I wish people would specify Bantam or LF when they offer a breed. That would help to reduce the questions asked.

I think the Golden Laced hens are in with the Buff Orpingtons so the offer was to move the Golden Laced hens to be assured of 6 pure Buff eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom