Swedish Black Hens???

America does have something similar to your Gene Bank program, but not for poultry. We have breed registries for pretty much any kind of mammal--cats, dogs, horses, sheep, cattle, goats, rabbits, pigs...individual animals are entered by filling out an application and paying a fee, and in the case of most, one or both parents must be registered with that registry to have the animal registered. With a few, they will accept an animal that meets the breed standard but is of unknown ancestry. (dairy goats, some rare breeds of horse) Unfortunately we don't have something here like that for chickens, but it's pretty neat that your country does.

Last edited:
Well I had hoped to get a new camera for Christmas but I didn't so i'll have to rely on the old one for now. I am seeing a couple of poofs forming on two of my chicks. I'll take some pics soon.

hi i was looking for swedish back hens and came across your post in 09. i was just wondering if u ever find any swedish black hen for sale any were?. i would love the chance to buy some my self.

Back
Top Bottom