SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Came home tonight and something got my Khaki Campbell drake, Disco, and my Black Swedish. Still have my Black Cayuga. I am assuming a hawk. No feathers or anything. My poor Black Cayuga is scared. And my kitty is missing. Not doing too good right now.

Tigger is home this morning at 6 am. He's never done that before. So thankful. I just couldn't imagine a hawk or whatever getting the ducks and something getting my precious cat. Poor lone survivor Black Cayuga is scared this morning. I just don't know what to expect to find tonight when I get home tonight. She's in with the chickens for company. The ducks have been together in the past and did fine. Hope she does okay today with them. She's scared alone or with them. Had a pep talk to Brewster, the rooster, this morning he better be on his toes today in his protection for his gals which now include a duck! I miss my duckies. Poor Disco. Looks like it was a coon, not a hawk. I have razor wire all around my fenced in yard and it got through that and carried them both off. A little bit of blood on the fencing, big foot prints in the mud in the duck yard, a few feathers in the razor wire.

Last edited:
Gave my last duck away today. A co-worker's daughter has a Rouen and it has been cuddling up with a duck decoy! So now these two, hopefully, will be best buds. Sigh. No ducks right now; just 63 chickens.

Gave my last duck away today. A co-worker's daughter has a Rouen and it has been cuddling up with a duck decoy! So now these two, hopefully, will be best buds. Sigh. No ducks right now; just 63 chickens.

Aww, that's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss =[ hopefully your duck will be happy with her new friend. And I'm glad your kitty came home. You had enough tragedy to deal with. Hugs!

Could it have been a coyote, dog or bob cat climb the fence to get the ducks? When I first saw the print, I thought a dog. It had big pads and definite nails. It was about 2 1/2" long. That's not a coon.

Hilarious

Could it have been a coyote, dog or bob cat climb the fence to get the ducks? When I first saw the print, I thought a dog. It had big pads and definite nails. It was about 2 1/2" long. That's not a coon.
they could have pulled it through the fence since I am from round duqoin and live in IL I would say it could have easily been a dog at the worst a bob cat,...coyote really just go after live prey and follow trails of sent and they really just go after deer
do you have pictures?

does anybody know how to make a nesting box for ducks because there house is a big dog house that I cant really get them and they get dirty

and does anybody have free range ducks

What about a fox? They are quite keen on the taste of duck .. and chicken. We have a few of those around here. I am so glad they have a nice tight duck house

What about a fox? They are quite keen on the taste of duck .. and chicken. We have a few of those around here. I am so glad they have a nice tight duck house

could be but I have seen a fox and the tracks I don't think they look like dog prints but they could Its been a while and ya its a big house but the entrance I cant fit through even if I try and crawl

Back
Top Bottom