Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I have babies!!!! (Our "Silkiebator" hatched them for us.)

It's never to early to sport the Andy Worhol look!

Last chick is a "runt" compared to it's siblings. Although it had absorbed the entire yolk, there were a lot of blood veins on the inside of the shell, and it lost a lot of blood at hatch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it. It was doing OK by this evening, so we'll see.

Anyone else ever seen an egg like this? (You can tell which one it came out of. The other eggs look very clean inside.)

It will be fine. Chicks can loose a remarkable amount of blood and still be oaky. I once punctured a chicks juggler when vaccinating and I swore it was going to bleed to death. I called the vet, and she informed me that chicks can loose up to 1/3 of their blood and survive. Holy Moly. She was right, Chick was fine.

They found the bird feeder,Thank's for all the replys.I set all there eggs and who knows if the creasted hen is laying.But i have hatched 50+ and no crested ones.I have some great colors.

Hi guys I am not wanting to be pushy but I am trying to get the info together that the ALBC has requested from me.....can you guys please post the number of SFHs you have currently, chicks included! If you dont want people to see how many you have for any reason you can pm it to me...Thanks Justin To post the number you have go to this link on here called Helping the Swedish Flower Hen! Thanks All

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/748417/helping-the-swedish-flower-hen/10#post_10567857

Last edited:
Hey all I am asking now if there is anyone I can put down as interested in getting into the "program"....I am trying to set this up, the ALBC has said there needs to be at least 50 breeding birds in a community....The community can be of anyone who has the Swedish Flower Hen and wants to help the breed! We will be the first official with the American Livestock Breed Conservancy.....Now within the community we would need to swap bloodlines on a regular basis, all this means is that we need to send each other eggs or chicks so we can all get new bloodlines to keep the genetics diverse! So if you are interested pm me or post here and I will be in contact with you, again please help the SFH I believe they deserve it!

I have 12 SFH right now. Anybody interested in a cockerel check out the link in my signature that says VA trip. There is a pic of a cockerel I have available. I have at least 3 and this is one I decided not to keep.

Back
Top Bottom