Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stoneunhenged, Jul 19, 2010.

1. juststruttin

juststruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    California
    It will be fine. Chicks can loose a remarkable amount of blood and still be oaky. I once punctured a chicks juggler when vaccinating and I swore it was going to bleed to death. I called the vet, and she informed me that chicks can loose up to 1/3 of their blood and survive. Holy Moly. She was right, Chick was fine.

2. Chicken Coach

Chicken Coach Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    [​IMG]
    They found the bird feeder,Thank's for all the replys.I set all there eggs and who knows if the creasted hen is laying.But i have hatched 50+ and no crested ones.I have some great colors.

3. Chicken Coach

Chicken Coach Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    Are u sure the crested hen is laying?

5. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    So, my hatch rate on shipped eggs has been great! Just got another happy customer today.
    Quote:
    They went from TN to Missouri.

6. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    Hi guys I am not wanting to be pushy but I am trying to get the info together that the ALBC has requested from me.....can you guys please post the number of SFHs you have currently, chicks included! If you dont want people to see how many you have for any reason you can pm it to me...Thanks Justin To post the number you have go to this link on here called Helping the Swedish Flower Hen! Thanks All

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/748417/helping-the-swedish-flower-hen/10#post_10567857

7. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    Hey all I am asking now if there is anyone I can put down as interested in getting into the "program"....I am trying to set this up, the ALBC has said there needs to be at least 50 breeding birds in a community....The community can be of anyone who has the Swedish Flower Hen and wants to help the breed! We will be the first official with the American Livestock Breed Conservancy.....Now within the community we would need to swap bloodlines on a regular basis, all this means is that we need to send each other eggs or chicks so we can all get new bloodlines to keep the genetics diverse! So if you are interested pm me or post here and I will be in contact with you, again please help the SFH I believe they deserve it!

8. Herducks

Herducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have 12 SFH right now. Anybody interested in a cockerel check out the link in my signature that says VA trip. There is a pic of a cockerel I have available. I have at least 3 and this is one I decided not to keep.

9. sfh11

sfh11 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    Greenwood, Arkansas
  10. sfh11

sfh11 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    Greenwood, Arkansas
    nice looking birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by