Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Eta: wrong picture uploaded

Last edited:
I think the biggest thing that throws me of us the fact that there its no sparring. All my other Roos spar, these guys are just happy with everyone!

Took some pictures this morning of a few going to their new homes today. This is the color I seem to get on almost all my chicks.

I just want some diversity in colors.

Bulldogma,

That SFH roo I purchased from you at Gilmanor is 19 weeks old today. While I was working in the garden, I looked over and saw this roo mounting/attempting to mount one of my one year old red star hens. When he got off of her, she squawked and chased him like someone threw cold water on her. It was the funniest thing. I practically rolled over laughing. Looks like I will have to start checking fertility soon. :)
LOL! Glad he's learning his "duties."
thumbsup.gif

Took some pictures this morning of a few going to their new homes today. This is the color I seem to get on almost all my chicks.

LOL! You have a hot commodity there! Most of us LOVE the black/chocolate SFH. I'll have eggs in the next month or so and there should be some good colors in there. I'm sure there will be plenty of others who would love to trade with you before then.

I am willing to trade but mine are going to be a little while. They are 10 weeks and 4 weeks old right now. I'm sure you seen the pics of my 10 week Olds.

I have quite a bit of diversity in my flock - 15 hens/pullets and 3 roos right now. Lots of pictures here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6152521/swedish-flower-hens/

Most of the girls are laying right now. I have some eggs in the bator that were a fertility test for the newest pullets. They are due to hatch on the 19th and the 25th. I should get a good range of colors. I'll post pics when they hatch. I don't need any eggs right now, but the girls are laying well, so maybe we can work something out.

Just looked at your pics...Yes you do have some diversity in color! Your roo Astolf is stunning! Eggs are about all I have to swap with. I just realized I got my Kefir starter from you in a swap early in the year, great stuff I have been sharing it with others whenever I can convince them (after all it is an acquired taste!)

I have quite a bit of diversity in my flock - 15 hens/pullets and 3 roos right now. Lots of pictures here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6152521/swedish-flower-hens/ Most of the girls are laying right now. I have some eggs in the bator that were a fertility test for the newest pullets. They are due to hatch on the 19th and the 25th. I should get a good range of colors. I'll post pics when they hatch. I don't need any eggs right now, but the girls are laying well, so maybe we can work something out.
If they hatch and you want to sell some chicks, let me know. I love the funky chocolate/blue looking chick i got from your eggs.

Just looked at your pics...Yes you do have some diversity in color! Your roo Astolf is stunning! Eggs are about all I have to swap with. I just realized I got my Kefir starter from you in a swap early in the year, great stuff I have been sharing it with others whenever I can convince them (after all it is an acquired taste!)
Yes, the kefir is an acquired taste, but can be acquired gradually. Let it brew for a short time at first and gradually increase the time and strength. Our favorite way to enjoy it is to make fruit smoothies with it. I mix about half and half with a good whole fruit juice and add some stevia for sweetness. YUM!

The kefir is great for the chickens, too. When we finally get a milk cow, mine will be getting it all the time. I am planning to finish my White Bresse with kefir soaked grains when I get to that point.

Astolf is still my lead roo and is very good with the girls. I want another one like him, but haven't yet hatched one. I am going to keep trying, though.

I have to run to the PO to pick up some SFH eggs.
lol.png
I'll PM you when I get back - I'm sure we can work out something.

Back
Top Bottom