Swedish Flower Hen Thread

woot.gif
woot.gif
My little blondies are the ones that are turning out nice and speckely. Glad you have a good variety jeremy. They are sooooooo much fun to watch grow out and they are a hoot because of their friendliness. They don't seem to be afraid of anything. One of my little 5 wk old cockerels jumps up onto the waterer each morning and lets out a little cock-a-doodle-dook! So stink'in cute!

Here's my babies.
smile.png

Chick #1, mostly yellow with a faint gray/blue smudge on it's head.

IMG_5829.jpg

It's growing in completely white wing feathers.

IMG_5831.jpg

I'm thinking maybe it's Splash Mottled?

Chick #2, a dark mahogany red with gray/blue (potentially black) and brown highlights

IMG_5836.jpg

It's feathers are coming in brown, kind of partridge-y.

IMG_5841.jpg

Chick #3, another blonde, paler than the first without the head color.

IMG_5844.jpg

White wing feathers again.

IMG_5845.jpg

Chick #4, this one is my favorite so far.
smile.png
It started off a buttery yellow but over the past few days it's gotten progressively darker and now has a honey brown colored back.

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

It's feathers are coming in brown/partridge-y and black and white, looks like the mottling is already apparent. I'm thinking this one will be Mille Fleur colored.
big_smile.png

IMG_5848.jpg

Chick #5, my special needs chick. We helped this little guy out of the shell, it had gotten shrink wrapped. I'm affectionately calling it "Sticky".
tongue.png
It's a dark blue/gray and yellow. I can't wait to see how he feathers in. I'm really attached to this little one.

IMG_5852.jpg

It's wing feathers are coming in blue and white, Blue Mottled maybe?

IMG_5856.jpg

Last but not least, Chick #6. It's a reddish, orange buff colored chick and is tiny! This one hatched on day 24, when I had almost given up hope on the remaining eggs.

IMG_5858.jpg

It hasn't sprouted much in the feather department yet but I'm excited to see what color feathers it does grow in.

My pictures aren't the greatest, these little ones did not want to hold still for the camera.
lol.png

Chick #4 screams cockerel with that big comb. I had a couple with that buttery yellow, one is turning into a mille fleur.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom