Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Been reading this thread for days. Thanks to all for all the information and pictures! Will be getting fifteen chicks this week can't wait to see the colors I get and watch them grow out..........

he's only a mutt, but i thought this thread might be interested to see a photo of Max Junior, my six-week old SFH/crested cream legbar cross -- his feathers are fascinating-looking! they're almost plaid in places... (click the photo to get a larger view to see the feathers better)

Last edited:
I love SFH, you never can tell what you are going to get......

this rooster with

these 2 girls

2 of their chicks , that now look like...

go figure where the gray /blue came in but I like it
love.gif

I love SFH, you never can tell what you are going to get......

this rooster with

these 2 girls

2 of their chicks , that now look like...

go figure where the gray /blue came in but I like it
love.gif
That is what attracted me to this breed. It seems the colors are all over the board and then there is will they have crest or not. The splash/mottling is gorgeous. Beautiful family.

Beautiful pictures everyone! and
frow.gif
welcome to all the newcomers. You are going to love your SFH!

As to where the blue is coming from, I have noticed recently on my red girls who are 1.5 YO now that their white "flowers" and down are definitely showing more blue coloring as they age. I will try to get some pics tomorrow to compare to their pics from last year. The blue is definitely in their genes.

Beautiful pictures everyone! and
frow.gif
welcome to all the newcomers. You are going to love your SFH!

As to where the blue is coming from, I have noticed recently on my red girls who are 1.5 YO now that their white "flowers" and down are definitely showing more blue coloring as they age. I will try to get some pics tomorrow to compare to their pics from last year. The blue is definitely in their genes.
Are those early greenfire birds? Interesting i will have to look at the girls more carefully to see if i can see that in them.

Quote: I did not get them from GFF. I hatched eggs from people who got their birds from GFF, so they would be from the first and second flocks that they imported. I will have to pay more attention tomorrow to see which birds are showing more blue as they get older. I know the girls that I hatched from the second set of eggs are, but I can't remember if the girls from the first set are.

Back
Top Bottom