Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Finally! Here are some of the birds. There are 3 roosters and many hens of various coloring. The one roo with the odd comb is here as well. It could be the photo but I'll have to look again when I pick them up tomorrow.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Please help me identify which chick is my Swedish Flower. I had 29 hatch that day during a party I was giving, so I didn't get to see what came out of my one SFH egg. TIA

Contenders are (10 days old):

One of the light yellow is getting a puff of feathers on its head. Could this be the SFH with the beginning of a crest?

Finally! Here are some of the birds. There are 3 roosters and many hens of various coloring. The one roo with the odd comb is here as well. It could be the photo but I'll have to look again when I pick them up tomorrow.

This guy doesn't really look like a pure SFH to me. I don't see defined flowering and the comb is really funky - not something I've seen on a SFH. The first roo in your post looks to be a SFH, but has a ginourmous crest and very little flowering. I'm not sure how I feel about him. The pullet is very pretty!

One of the light yellow is getting a puff of feathers on its head. Could this be the SFH with the beginning of a crest?

Def. looks like a crest coming in. Did you get any other crested breeds? Do any of the chicks have flowering? I do have an almost all-white SFH that started out looking a lot like that chick (but no crest). It could be a SFH.

The sun came out today and Ginger was all like...

And some of the other kids enjoying the sunny day:

Leah's Mom - you can see Blue's frostbite if you enlarge the photo. Got some close-ups too if you want 'em.

Last edited:
the second roo doesn't look like anything I've seen before, as Leigh said, the first has a huge crest. I would pass on both of them. if you can't find a roo with a normal single comb AND mottling (aka flowers) I would say take the hens and pass on the roos, we'll find you a better roo. LOL there are always extra roos... many more that are more correct, and most just need a good home IMO. the girls I can sell, the boys we practically give away if it'll be a good home sometimes.

Thank
the second roo doesn't look like anything I've seen before, as Leigh said, the first has a huge crest. I would pass on both of them.  if you can't find a roo with a normal single comb AND mottling (aka flowers) I would say take the hens and pass on the roos, we'll find you a better roo. LOL  there are always extra roos...  many more that are more correct, and most just need a good home IMO.  the girls I can sell, the boys we practically give away if it'll be a good home sometimes.
[/quote

Thank you both! I actually think the one with the odd comb is a mix now looking at the other breeds they have.
They have some very pretty pullets/hens that I'm excited about.
What about this guy, is he SFH?

for some updated pics... I got the oldest indoor chicks pic'd today... thinking 4 pullets 2 roos.
the number is their wing band #, for ease of my memory.
wink.png

all hatched from AL marked eggs. (Leigh? k.i.forgot again...) hatched on November 29th.

blue mille pullet #336

black mille pullet #337

another blue mille pullet #338 (I think this girl's going to stay...)

another black mille pullet # 339

black mille roo # 340 (the loud colored boys are always my favorites)

blue calico roo #341

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom