Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Congrats on the great candle. I have to peek at my set tonight.

This is Larry. He is 5 1/2 months.

I was hoping to use him as my main SFH roo. Do you think he will be O.k. or should I keep looking.

He looks promising but has got a lot of growing out to do. Keep him on high protein feed and worm periodically so he can reach his potential.

Ok, I candled and have 28+ (a few maybes) SFH due to hatch between the 28th and the 3rd. I saw dry incubation recommended so thats what I have been trying. I am concerned though, how dry is dry? Here no added water equals 16% humidity, is that to low?

9 SFH eggs in the bator just now, shipped eggs so time will tell, the box had a wrinkled corner as if dropped so <sigh> we'll see..

Meanwhile, here is a pic yesterday of Flo & the yet unnamed who we were recently debating pullet vs cockerel, I'm saying pullet but most of the flock appears to be hiding their eggs while free ranging so I have these 2 gals likely laying and covered by 3 SFH roos but none of my own SFH eggs for the bator ! I need to go on a nest hunt later this afternoon...

ok well, good news! I have 15 sfh outside. 7 boys 8 girls... I'm only keeping 2 of the young boys and probably 3 or 4 of the girls... so the rest will be available soon.
wink.png

of the boys, ... my memory stinks. LOL I think 3 are blue and the other 4 are black based, but 2 of the blacks I'm keeping.

on the girls, there is one red/splash girl (splash version of a mille fleur, from the markings I can see), 2 blues (keeping 1) and the rest are mille fleur. a couple look to be partridge based and the other 2 more the classic mille... (less 'mossiness' in the brown part of the feather.

Unless there's a demand for the roos, I'll be taking a few of them to the Roanoke swaps to unload the piglets and probably bring 2 trios to Gilmanor with me first weekend in May. I still have plenty of young ones too. Leigh cleaned me out of the 'inbetween' ages LOL so they jump from 3 weeks to 3 months. but since my own 3 girls are laying well, I'm still hatching plenty now. LOL

Hi y'all! Have I missed much? :) I'm not even going to try to catch up, but I have read through the last several pages. I still have my SFH and they came through this nasty winter relatively unscathed, although my lead roo, Astolf, lost all the spikes on his comb to frostbite. :( The girls have decided it is definitely spring and are laying well. I have 7 eggs in the incubator now and have confirmed fertility. I am excited to have little fuzzy butts running around again soon!

Hi y'all! Have I missed much?
smile.png
I'm not even going to try to catch up, but I have read through the last several pages. I still have my SFH and they came through this nasty winter relatively unscathed, although my lead roo, Astolf, lost all the spikes on his comb to frostbite.
sad.png
The girls have decided it is definitely spring and are laying well. I have 7 eggs in the incubator now and have confirmed fertility. I am excited to have little fuzzy butts running around again soon!
frow.gif
big_smile.png
Yes, you've been missed!

Hi y'all! Have I missed much? :) I'm not even going to try to catch up, but I have read through the last several pages. I still have my SFH and they came through this nasty winter relatively unscathed, although my lead roo, Astolf, lost all the spikes on his comb to frostbite. :( The girls have decided it is definitely spring and are laying well. I have 7 eggs in the incubator now and have confirmed fertility. I am excited to have little fuzzy butts running around again soon!
:woot you're back! The boy in my profile pic is from your eggs. :D

Back
Top Bottom