Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Ashdoes, yea I'm a lil bummed out. But I guess that's what happened ordering from hatcherys. Lesson learned I guess

The great thing is, chickens are awesome no matter what you end up with. They'll still entertain you, run circles around your feet, and give you eggs. I do know the disappointment of not getting what you were looking forward to. I think you could probable find someone local with Swedish Flower Hens easier then you think. We ordered eggs online, and turns out, there's a woman two hours away with them. Check the thread for your state, and ask on there if anyone has them.

Ok, thank you! I will still love my little Swedish flower, even if she isn't perfect. Hahaha hahaha... I'm not perfect either :-D I'm not into showing or anything like that right now.. maybe one day in the future. But right now im content just getting my colourful egg basket

Ok, thank you! I will still love my little Swedish flower, even if she isn't perfect. Hahaha hahaha... I'm not perfect either :-D I'm not into showing or anything like that right now.. maybe one day in the future. But right now im content just getting my colourful egg basket
talk to KYTinpusher or bulldogma. They both should have eggs right now

Is there a b/s/t thread specifically for SFH? I am aquiring a breeding pair with a third to be added down the line and would love to add a few more unrelated lines!we are in the Hudson valley in NY but travel through MA, NJ & PA often. Thank You!

Is there a b/s/t thread specifically for SFH? I am aquiring a breeding pair with a third to be added down the line and would love to add a few more unrelated lines!we are in the Hudson valley in NY but travel through MA, NJ & PA often. Thank You!

not specifically on byc, but there are a number of people who do sell eggs and occasional birds on the fb thread.

My first experience with receiving shipped birds was very successful. Very pleased with the breeder who I found on BYC. They were shipped from NC to MI and made it in one day. Here are my two 8-week-old SFH cockerels. I only needed one, but thought it best to have two for warmth. It's going to be really hard to decide which one to keep and which one to sell. Any opinions from these two pics??

Last edited:
My first experience with receiving shipped birds was very successful. Very pleased with the breeder who I found on BYC. They were shipped from NC to MI and made it in one day. Here are my two 8-week-old SFH cockerels. I only needed one, but thought it best to have two for warmth. It's going to be really hard to decide which one to keep and which one to sell. Any opinions from these two pics??

I can't help you with this question, because I think they are both gorgeous:). I'm glad they made it o.k and you are happy with them!

I wish my Swedish flowers we get to laying soon. Ever since I penned them up for breeding season they have laid me 5 eggs and then quit!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom