Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Well, we had 8 eggs shipped, and AMAZINGLY after the PO shook and smashed the box, we had 6 hatch! Sadly, two of them died after pip, and after inspecting one of them, I'm convinced it was from the treatment of the eggs. They just weren't able to absorb the yolk sac all the way, even though they were fully formed and attempting to hatch. The four hatched are beautiful, and I have one super light one that I'm pretty excited about. So, that's four 5 week olds in the barn, and now these four...oh wait, only 3 five week old SFH and one Frizzle mistake. I actually call it Frizzle Mistake, it's just so ugly, but my daughters love it. Since we brooded in the house for three weeks, these chicks just love us, they chirp loudly as they see us walking to the barn.
Because of our Mareks status, these are just for us, and we won't be breeding for the next three years. We're excited to see how much we enjoy the SFH, and making plans as to what breed we'd like when we move.

WOW, lucky hatch. I don't trust the PO at ALL. I drove an hour and a half to get my SFH eggs. Hatched 10 out of 12.

Every time I get a beautiful boy I´d really like to keep, he starts developing sprigs
barnie.gif
:

[COLOR=008000]Some shots of my SFH chix:[/COLOR] [COLOR=008000]first one I truly believe is a cockerel, very long and heavy legs. Stands very upright and alert like Roos do. [/COLOR] Next is one I hope is pullet, she was hatched covered in soft gray fluff looks to be keeping her gray as feathers: Isn't she sweet?? Any another Swedish Flower people in Michigan??
Yup. :frow Depends if my chick is a boy or girl, may you have a extra of the opposite gender? I know of one other SFH person here, but they haven't been on byc in a while.

Yup. :frow Depends if my chick is a boy or girl, may you have a extra of the opposite gender? I know of one other SFH person here, but they haven't been on byc in a while.

I'm turning into a SFH person really quickly and I'm from MI. I hope to breed when I grow out my stock this summer. I have two nice cockerels growing out and another one who is beautiful, too, but has sprigs!!! I also have two nice hens and one crested with sprigs. These hens are great layers. I just won't breed the sprigged ones. I have 6 chicks growing out, which is fun to watch. Also I have a broody on 6 SFH eggs which were shipped. Haven't candled yet to see how they're progressing. Just this week I have 3 other hens that are broody, so I'm already scheming about getting more SFH eggs. ;)

Peep-Chicken, where do you live in MI? I see Chicwannabe is from Munger, which I'll have to look up to see where that is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom