Swedish Flower Hen Thread

My one Swedish flower from Meyers is skittish. Also her coloring is very dull Smokey gray. She is an escape artist , not flighty , just keeps away when I try to get her attention.

My flock came from a breeder in south Carolina, she's dedicated to the improvements of the breed.

They are quiet most of the time and super friendly. There egg song is the only noise or if they see a predator they sound the alarm. I've had zero health issues with them.

Mine are laying in winter. The eggs are large to extra large.

My two roosters are friendly and there good to the hens and myself. I can pet all of them only because they always run to me when they see me in the yard. I can also call them to come to me.

My over all experiences with them has been all positive.

Hatchery stock won't give you all the qualities I have mentioned, there main goals are sales period.

I definitely think I will wait and not get these from Meyer. I can’t really risk straight run from other breeders. What was the breeder you bought from?

This is from meyers, she has retain a few more flowers and is laying, but she hasn’t molted yet to see if she’ll get more flowers. She is from June 2021.

Attachments

• 44CE2EB7-40D1-4030-8776-BB3E4816F69B.jpeg
    44CE2EB7-40D1-4030-8776-BB3E4816F69B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
I definitely think I will wait and not get these from Meyer. I can’t really risk straight run from other breeders. What was the breeder you bought from?
I bought her eggs through ebay and hatched them in March 2020. I can't retrieve the breeders information since she has no listing at the moment.

I don't think she sells chicks, just hatching eggs.

We purchased a swedish flower chick from a farm nearby found out that in fact it is a mix of a polish frizzle and he is gorgeous about 2 ft tall and the ends of his feathers have tips of white and gorgeous lacing on them. ♥️
PXL_20220413_192116073.jpg

Update on my chicks for 2022. This was taken after a big meal they had and resting to digest it all.
20220713_172811.jpg
20220713_173001.jpg
20220713_172906.jpg

And this girl got attacked by a fox 3 days ago. Her neck was partially ripped off about 3 inches along her neck. I thought she was dead at first but noticed her breathing. So I did first aid and got her patched up. She is still recovering so she's staying in the house. She is slowly recovering.
20220713_175139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom