Swedish Flower Hen Thread

clap.gif

CarolJ--- I drove a few hours to pick up my 5 SFH chicks almost 2 months ago. They are getting prettier every day. Enjoy!
jumpy.gif

Do the legbands signify different blood lines? I read the entire thread and never found out if this is what they indicate. Thanks!

Yes they do...I contacted Jenny (Greenfire) yesterday and she told me they were from different pens, to help us from inbreeding....I removed the leg bands from mine before I knew this...thank god I can still tell the difference and can re-band them now that I know..~Charm1704

I finally figured out how to post pictures. Here is my order from Greenfire and 3 of the color patterns that came. I have 7 of the black and white/yellow (kind of look like emperor penguins to me). Each one has different facial markings. I have 3 of the Red chicks, 3 of the white, and 1 that looks like the penguin chicks except he has reddish brown instead of yellow by the eyes and on the back of his head. I will try to get updated pictures and match them up. My white ones now have black coloring coming in in their wings. The chipmunk marked chicks and the ones with dots on their heads in the group shot are cream legbars.

My babies have grown SO much! It's crazy how quickly they've tripled in size and sprouted feathers all over.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some updated pictures this weekend. :)

these must share the same common ancestor that my icelandic chickens have. they are very similar looking. I think someday i will have a collection of all the "viking" breeds that exist.

My Spitzhauben loves to hang out next to the SFH baby pen. I think they must all speak swedish.
smile.png

Buying my SFH eggs was an impulse buy. I actually thought I had bought Icelandic chickens.
lol.png
I'm very happy with my chicks so no harm, no fowl!!
They do look very much alike.

I'm so excited! I've 15 eggs in the incubator from DaisyJack on day 20. I just came home to find 8 new chicks! 3 more are zipping right now. Lots of colors including dark red which is what I had my fingers crossed for.

Congratulations! There's nothing quite as exciting as hatching new chicks!
I just got 11 chicks from DaisyJack this past week. They're so cute - and I like the variety of colors. They're all doing great!

Here's my three. Two clearly have crests at 3 weeks and hopefully one is a rooster with a crest. Eight more still cooking in the incubator though.

Back
Top Bottom