Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Not trying to take over the thread or anything- but the hatch is done and we've got 14 SFH chicks! 11 out of 11 form Genelda, and 3 from the FL ebay eggs. Woo hoo!
They are pretty sticky still though, so I will get pics when everybody is dry and fluffy.

Not trying to take over the thread or anything- but the hatch is done and we've got 14 SFH chicks! 11 out of 11 form Genelda, and 3 from the FL ebay eggs. Woo hoo!
They are pretty sticky still though, so I will get pics when everybody is dry and fluffy.

Congratulations! I put 8 WFH eggs under my Jersey Giant when she went broody. 4 chicks have hatched so far, but one of them died. I don't know what happened. We were out of town - and it looks like it might have suffocated or gotten too hot. It's been over 100 here for more than a week. I'll give her another day or two before I remove any unhatched eggs. But at least we have 3 new SFH chicks so far. Such cute chicks!

Congrats to you too! There are going to be so many SFHs in TN!
I had some broodies standing over the nests, its been so hot. I had a few that have been waiting for eggs give up too. Now I just have the ducks setting. They don't even need to set during the day with these temps!

celebrate.gif
Wonderful!!

Congrats to you too! There are going to be so many SFHs in TN!
I had some broodies standing over the nests, its been so hot. I had a few that have been waiting for eggs give up too. Now I just have the ducks setting. They don't even need to set during the day with these temps!

Speaking of that, how old are your SFHs? How much are you selling them for?

WOOT! I just ordered 6 chicks from Greenfire to be shipped on the 17th. I love these chickens. Now I have to break the news to the dear one at home. I haev 3 pretty birds already at home. about 4 month old. Can't wait to add to the flock.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom