sweet potatoes??

I throw all fruit and vegetable scraps and peelings into the compost everyday. The chx pick through it, eat what they want and leave the rest. I have definitely thrown sweet potato peelings in there but I don't know if the eat them. I do know that the like leftover cooked sweet potato.

Pretty much what Janine said. I throw the peelings in there, not sure if they eat them or just scratch them into the floor of the run.

Raw sweet potato is kind of hard to digest. A lot like white potatoes that way. It won't hurt them to eat it, but they may not show much interest either (or they may scarf it all up).

Cooked sweet potato they will generally quickly devour.

Im no expert, I don't know if it is healthy or even good for em, but I know mine got crazy for a cooked sweet potato. I've searched it quite a lot online and have not seen any negatives. I know they don't care for raw, but cooked, they will mug me for.

I put it in the microwave, 3 minutes, turn it over, 3 more minutes, then cut it into small chunks.

I then take it out and have some personal time with my ladies and they will literaly jump up into my lap to get to the sweet potato. For about $1.40 a pound, it is some of the cheapest entertainment I've found.

Back
Top Bottom