Sweet Sue’s Canned Whole Chicken

jus1jack

Critically Endangered
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Orlando
I was board jus thought I'd share this one.
ep.gif

http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/04/a-whole-chicken-in-a-can-yummo/

I do not ever eat any type of meat with jelly on it. Meat is not supposed to have jelly on it. You know those canned hams with the jelly stuff? Nope I ain't eating that either. LOL It was interesting to see what it looks like though.

I never even heard of canning chicken until I read a thread here on BYC. Why would you want to do this and how in the world do you cram that bird in a jar or can? Wouldn't seal-a-meal and a freezer work just a good?

Well, I always prefer fresh meat. But I know one use for canned. I used to live overseas and couldn't get turkey. Well, you could get it but it was $12/lb! I had an American friend whose mom canned turkey for us and shipped it so we could have turkey for Thanksgiving. That was just so sweet of her!

Also, I know people that have canned deer meat just to save freezer space.

I think the generation coming up now is more geared toward freezing than canning. I know my grandma canned everything, because in her 1934 General Electric fridge there was only an icebox in the upper corner. I would have held 1 chicken, maybe?!?!

I can my chicken here so that we don't have to rely on the power company to keep our food frozen. Plus is makes for a quick meal when you have unexpected company coming over. It also looks really good in a jar. I also can beef and other meats as well. Theres nothing wrong with home-canned meats.....just factory canned meats
sickbyc.gif

When it's home-raised chicken.....it's yummy right out of a jar
droolin.gif

But I agree, I wouldn't dare buy one of those chickens in a can like that. I think the reason they don't use jars is so you can see oll of the goop in there.
sickbyc.gif

Plus, if you can't pronounce the ingredients, then don't eat it.

Back
Top Bottom