Sweetest little puppy on earth now has a badly broken leg

Same to you. Hope your puppy's healing goes super fast. Our Tippy is due to get re-xray'd to possible remove the cast this Thursday. 4 weeks seems really fast to me...but if they say she is ready then I am more than ready to have this cast off. We found some calcium-rich puppy treats we have been giving her evey day so hopefully that will help with the healing. Good luck to you and hope all works out:)

4 weeks does seem fast, especially when we were originally told 4-6 months, but that'll be great if they heal that fast. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes for Tippy on thursday, and thanks so much!

Update & pic... Her cast just slipped right off this past weekend in her crate, so it was a middle of the night trip across the city to the emergency clinic for her and DD, with a 4+ hour wait once there until almost 4am due to the really bad emergencies they had that night. Here she is after arriving back to DD's, and resting in her crate after her long night. Poor baby. They put a big pink heart on the cast this time.
love.gif

Awww! Poor baby! A cast AND the Cone of Shame!

love.gif
LOL, what you said totally cracked me up! LOL She's actually been wearing a cone the whole time since it happened...well, any time she's not being played with or held in someone's arms.
love.gif
She's so sweet & cool...she just acts like it's some type of collar tiara.
lol.png

Update...a small area of skin infection was discovered at the vets during her cast change. She's on antibiotics for it now and hopefully the cast can come off soon.

She goes to the vet today for another Xray and cast change. If it's healed enough the cast will come off for good and then the infection can heal up fast.
fl.gif

smile.png
Thank you, LissyB. She had to have another cast
hmm.png
. It's just not healed yet like they thought it would be. But the vet left the infection area uncovered this time (lowered the cast) and gave another round of anti's, so maybe the skin will start to heal up. She still gets a new cast every week so maybe next week...
My DD's been real ill, too, but maybe next week will be a good week for them both.

Back
Top Bottom