Swollen eye, bump between beak and eye. Help!

Rosie is still doing good with no sneezing, no nasal discharge, no pus or any bubbles in her eye, still eating, drinking and acting normal. The swelling seems to have gone down a bit as well. I didn't get as much ointment as I would have liked in the eye last night. I went out after dark and tried to do it myself figuring it would be pretty easy. NOPE she was ducking, squirming and moving all over. Had my daughter help me again this morning and Rosie was great and managed to get a nice dose in her eye. Hopefully it will just keep improving and clear up soon!

how long should I need to treat it? Her eye part doesn't look swollen or red at all anymore but the bump between her beak and eye is still there. it is smaller but there (well was last night haven't been out yet this am). Still no sneezing, discharge or anything else. She is still eating, drinking and acting fine.

Could it be something else? should I just continue to treat it?

It is hard to know, but I would try to look inside her beak and throat, and especially upward into the choanal slit in the roof of the beak, for any gunk that might be solid pus. You can try pushing on the sinus area to see if anything comes out. Sinus infections in birds can be there and up into the sinuses, and behind the eyes. Does she seem to be looking and acting better? Tylosin an antibiotic for treating MG, can be found at jedds.com online if you like. Watch for the area to get larger. Tumors can occasionally be in the same area.

It is hard to know, but I would try to look inside her beak and throat, and especially upward into the choanal slit in the roof of the beak, for any gunk that might be solid pus. You can try pushing on the sinus area to see if anything comes out. Sinus infections in birds can be there and up into the sinuses, and behind the eyes. Does she seem to be looking and acting better? Tylosin an antibiotic for treating MG, can be found at jedds.com online if you like. Watch for the area to get larger. Tumors can occasionally be in the same area.
She has been acting normal the whole time. And the swelling looks better and has gone down, just still swollen some (but less) between beak and eye. I have tried massaging it and pushing on it some and nothing comes out anywhere and she doesn't seem to mind.

Back
Top Bottom