swollen eye, lethargic, laying rubber eggs

Pics
Tylan was the only one they could give her unless I said I would never eat her eggs again...FDA rules and regulations
I think you need to tell them you will never eat the eggs again and get something that will treat the bacteria. If they won't prescribe Baytril, ask if they will do amikacin. The Tylan won't treat any gram-negative bacteria, like E. coli and pseudomonas aeruginosa, which are commonly found with this type of infection.

I think you need to tell them you will never eat the eggs again and get something that will treat the bacteria. If they won't prescribe Baytril, ask if they will do amikacin. The Tylan won't treat any gram-negative bacteria, like E. coli and pseudomonas aeruginosa, which are commonly found with this type of infection.

And I legit can’t eat her eggs ever again??

Just an update—we had to put our girl down. The infection wouldn’t leave and she stopped eating. The vet even kept her for the weekend to nurse her back without success. She was tested positive for mycoplasma (awesome...) and eecoli. So now I’m working on disinfecting everything and keeping the rest of my girls as happy and healthy as possible.

Just an update—we had to put our girl down. The infection wouldn’t leave and she stopped eating. The vet even kept her for the weekend to nurse her back without success. She was tested positive for mycoplasma (awesome...) and eecoli. So now I’m working on disinfecting everything and keeping the rest of my girls as happy and healthy as possible.
So sorry that you lost your girl! Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom