Swollen knee on chick! How to help

incubatorchick123

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2021
A7632691-64FE-423E-88FF-1FFEACF9833C.jpeg

Guys how to help this one with swollen knee, i tried to tie her legs because she had a spraddle

How old is this chick?
The legs were splayed? Photos from before you tied them together?
Can you get some photos without holding the legs together or if the chick can stand, photos of that from the front and back?

The way the leg is curved out like that it may be a leg bone deformity or slipped tendon.
The swelling of the whole leg is very concerning, was it swollen when the chick hatched?
Is the chick soiled (abdomen and vent looks to be caked - is the vent clear and the chick pooping), is the navel on this chick closed?

How old is this chick?
The legs were splayed? Photos from before you tied them together?
Can you get some photos without holding the legs together or if the chick can stand, photos of that from the front and back?

The way the leg is curved out like that it may be a leg bone deformity or slipped tendon.
The swelling of the whole leg is very concerning, was it swollen when the chick hatched?
Is the chick soiled (abdomen and vent looks to be caked - is the vent clear and the chick pooping), is the navel on this chick closed?
she is 3 days old, and she sometimes can stand in one leg, she drinks water and sometimes eats too, i dont think the leg was swollen from the beginning, she came out with her navel and now its been dried up almost all and it is falling, and her butt is clean.

so at least she/he can support herself/himself ??
She hops on her good leg and uses her wings for balance and to semi”fly” to get around. She seems to be happy, loves to eat, lays an egg every day, hops around, and so as long as she can get around I’ll keep her. I would euthanize her if I thought she was suffering.

Back
Top Bottom