Taking a poll

Do you wash your hands after handling your chickens?

• Total voters
I kiss my Hens good night but never the Roo's. :drool Then I come in and eat :pop while watching TV I lean over to kiss my wife :hugs. I look at her, smile and say dear I know deep down you too really like my chickens don't you? She usually does:smack. Oh yeah I always make sure to wash my hands before going to the bathroom. And what's all this scrubbing your feet in the shower all about? Isn't that why there is water in the bottom of the shower to begin with heck sometimes I use the grit in the bottom as exfoliation for my feet. Ok not sure of what other foolish thing I could say but to answer the OP's question yes I always without fail wash my hands before opening a nice cold beer.
Happy New Years !! :plbb:plbb
Ummm Roosterrrr Ima pretty sure your supposed to wash your hands ...after... you use the bathroom. But I’m guessing Iffin your drinking beers there might not be enough time. :cool:

Do you wash your hands every time after handling your chickens?
True story. Years ago a hospital did a study of nurses. They had them put their hands in plastic bags to check hand washing techniques. The results were atrocious. The infectious disease people told the nurses they were coming back the next Thursday and guess what. The result were WORSE. So the gist of this is DON'T let nurses put their hands in your mouth.

No. Whenever it's the right season to shed winter gloves, I am outside for a portion of the day large enough that washing hands whenever I come inside for something or for a break would be impractical.

I don't really have one set time where I do all the chores. I stop by the coop many times per day. If I do something involving more extensive handling of the birds or coop cleaning, then yes. I am not unsanitary, and my hands still get washed several times per day. Despite what the CDC would have you believe, they aren't that contagious, if you are healthy. :)

Last edited:
Most definitely! I have RA and am immune compromised, but even if not, I would wash my hands.

Oh, yeah, this is totally a thing too. My sister has the same thing (RA with immune compromises from meds) and when she was diagnosed I found I became much more careful about hand washing and general bacterial concerns. I even wear face masks around her if I'm feeling unwell.... And I bleach EVERYTHING.

Ummm Roosterrrr Ima pretty sure your supposed to wash your hands ...after... you use the bathroom. But I’m guessing Iffin your drinking beers there might not be enough time. :cool:
Beer has alcohol in it, right? So if you spill just a bit on your fingers ... you're good to go!

Nope, I do wash my hands before I handle chickens if I can.;) I always wash my hands before I handle eggs unless I'm going to eat them.
I know, you can pick up diseases from chickens, but you can from any animal including humans. I would be more prone to washing my hands after shaking hands with people......

Back
Top Bottom