talk about humiliting

LadyBeartoothMamma

Chirping
9 Years
May 31, 2010
Absarokee Montana
Never again will i help someone figure out what the breed of their chicken is never again. I was trying to help this person and I thought I told them that their chicken was this breed and they were cool about it. But then out of the blue came someone saying that it wasnt what i had told the person. I mean they were right down rude to me.

Its not apperciated at all. Now literally i have egg on my face. I could of sworn the chicken looked like this one breed, but i guess shes a mutt. so now I feel so stupid. Im not helping out anyone anymore
he.gif

smack.gif

barnie.gif

hu.gif

idunno.gif

Don't let someone else's rudeness cause you to stop trying to help people. I'm still pretty new at this and I appreciate all the comments and suggestions when I post, even if they aren't correct all the time. Don't worry about being humiliated; nobody gets everything right all the time. I'd rather have a friend try to help me and fail than a know-it-all 'friend' that put people down for trying to help me...

hugs.gif

Nobody has the right answer for everybody.
Everybody has the right answer for somebody.

I've heard egg on face makes a great facial - gets rid of wrinkles
frow.gif

such a shame they were rude about it, no need for that! no one is ever right all the time so hopefully someone else will be just as rude to them one day and they'll think about their behaviour and change it in the future. arrogant people can be pretty frustrating though i know

i've got a science degree and work in the field and something doing that taught me was that getting proven wrong is a good thing, it means you've learnt something and that's always good
smile.png
rude people still suck though
wink.png

I read the comment you were talking about, and it can seem rude but you have to think about how at times.. It can be frustrating on this forum, I know at one time I would get pretty worked up over someone calling a mutt "insert pure breed here", especially if it were a breed I raised. I expect a lot of people who strive to breed for purity and "perfection" can get worked up at times when other birds are being compared to them that show many faults (for that breed).

And you have to take into account that the person may be getting worked up for a reason like - You say it is (insert this breed here). No one comes along to correct it, say the person gets another of the same breed and tries to breed pure fowl. It can at times complicate things by mixing the genes and in some peoples opinion ruining them if it goes far enough.

I've been there too though, I think everyone probably has. I have spent a lot of time studying just about every breeds characteristics, and even still I at times am at loss.

-Daniel

ETA:I wouldn't say stop helping though, as others said. You learn from mistakes, and it can be humiliating but it doesn't matter, if someones rude - learn from it as the other poster said. And that can be taken either by learning to make better guesses, or learning that when you do learn more - and may be tempted to do the same you remember how it was for you.

Last edited:
You might want to consider that this is the internet and tone of voice and nuance don't come through. The person you were corrected by is an APA judge with over 40 years judging. He could have sweetened it with a little honey, but as long as he didn't flame you it's okay. Being a judge means you see all kinds of misinformation and probably results in the huge consumption of Tums and aspirin.

I do understand and appreciate you intention to help in that thread, but it doesn't always work out. Don't be offended, just learn and move on. BYC is a huge community and sometimes people can be impatient, especially when they are Pros.

You weren't humiliated, you were corrected.

Back
Top Bottom