Not open for further replies.
Federal income tax
State income tax
personal property tax
Sales tax
Social security tax
Medicare tax
Gasoline tax
In Michigan the gasoline tax is assesed then you pay sales tax at the pump on the gas tax. Double whammy
Capital gains tax
Estate tax
Sin tax (alcohol and cigarrettes)
Automobile registration fees
Hunting license fees
Fishing license fees
Park use fees
ORV fees
Trailer license fees
Mandatory auto insurance
Soon Mandatory health insurance
the list goes on and on but none of these include the big one
INFLATION TAX
Since 1913 with the inception of the "Federal reserve" which is no more a Federal agency than Federal Express the value of our currency has gone down 1000%
What you could buy in 1913 for a penny now costs a Dollar.
In 1972 I could buy a gallon of gasoline for $0.25
today... $2.50 If you can still find it for that.
That my friends is not supply and demand that is a devaluation of our currency. A result of the Fed's policy of just printing money out of thin air.
I'm fed up.
somad.gif

Agree with you totally lighthawk.
Just because you're not interested in doing it, you should not give the government the free liberty to tax it. We are the most over taxed country there is. they're considering a fast food (sin) tax also.
For every law made to protect people is a freedom lost.
Heres a link discussing FDA's ideas about farmers and foodsafety laws they're considering.
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2009/10/freedom-means-never-having-to-be-logical/

Quote:
Agreed, considering how few benefits we actually get from our taxes. Would that we could follow the example of Canada or the UK and have our tax money go to something as worthwhile as not bankrupting those that get sick.

Quote:
Yep life IS a coin. Our government has taken all the gold and silver out of that coin and left us with worthless zinc and paper in trade. Your signature says a lot more than you think.
somad.gif

Quote:
I know several people making over 100k a yr and in my 42 yrs Ive known 1 that has owned one. They require repairs and maintenance which I sometimes do at a local salon. And no one making that kind of money wants to deal with that. They just wanna tan for 5 minutes in a stand up bed and get back to whatever they were doing. And it would take waaaay more than over 100k to travel to tropical destinations "year round". It would take closer to if not more than the million dollar salary to do something like that. And for the record, food additives have caused more cancer than tanning beds ever will. Should they add an additional 10% tax to our grocery bill?

Now maybe I'm wrong, and I am a lot, so hear me out.
Question 1:
Is there anybody on here that would trust a congressman to watch your child for a week. You couldn't call and check on your child, you don't know where your kid is going, who gets to hold them or play with them. If you answered no, then why would you trust them to control EVERY ASPECT of your life and this country's future and its safety? If you answered yes, I need the name of your congressman!!!!!
lol.png

Question 2:

Say you are rich and you want to just disappear for a few years and you left me in charge of all your, household, money and related affairs. At the end of those few years, you come home to find that I have not paid your bills, I have run up your credit cards, I have let strangers live in your house and let them eat all your food. I have helped you neighbor with their bills with your money, I have borrowed money from all your friends and I have lived high on the hawg the whole time without a care in the world!! Then when I see that you are home I walk up to you and say, " Hey, can I have just a few more hundred dollars?" What would you say to that person? Would you be against him getting more money? Would you say "well its too far gone, and I know the money has to come from someone so i'll give it to him

Here is my point: The govt has been so bad with money for so long and taken a little more here and a little more there, why would you trust them with ONE MORE DIME? And why do we keep letting it happen!!! I can't think of one program the govt is in control of that runs efferently. Not one!!! They don't take our freedoms all at once, they take them little at a time. And the sad thing is that we are PAYING FOR IT!!!!
Like I said, that is just me!!
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom