Tapeworms won't go away! Please help!

The Ora-Plus is supposed to be mixed with the Ora-Sweet I think. The first couple batches I made I used just the Ora-Plus, now I use both. When I need to buy it again I will buy the Ora-Blend instead of the two bottles.

Here is they are:
DSCN0313.JPG

DSCN0314.JPG

DSCN0316.JPG

Last edited:
For a bottle to put it in, ask your pharmacist if they have any empty medication bottles:
medication bottle_1.jpg

You will also need a mortar and pestle.
mortat_pestal_.jpg

For a bottle to put it in, ask your pharmacist if they have any empty medication bottles:
View attachment 1611976

You will also need a mortar and pestle.
View attachment 1611977

Thanks --- I'll check with a pharmacist about the bottles. Would I need a mortar and pestle if the Praziquantel is the consistency of baby powder already? I thought it was for crushing up pills and such?

Thanks --- I'll check with a pharmacist about the bottles. Would I need a mortar and pestle if the Praziquantel is the consistency of baby powder already? I thought it was for crushing up pills and such?
I used one when I made a suspension with Nystatin powder.

Please, add up all of the costs and figure out if this is really what you want to do. I think the Equimax price per mg works out to about 1¢ per mg.

I used one when I made a suspension with Nystatin powder.

Please, add up all of the costs and figure out if this is really what you want to do. I think the Equimax price per mg works out to about 1¢ per mg.

Ugh! Yeah, I'm starting to think that the Equimax is probably the best way to go with regard to cost and ease of administering since it's already pre-mixed. But do you think that my having to redose with Equimax, and giving them more of the Ivermectin that they don't need, is still okay? Plus, I don't want the tapes to build immunity to the Equimax either.

It will treat the same worms that Safeguard liquid for goats treats if you give the proper amount for several days in a row.

The one day treatment using any Safeguard treats only large roundworms and cecal worms.

Where did you read that the paste could be used to treat tapes? I ask because I wanna go see what was said. :pop
Forgive me, I was wrong about the tapeworms.
The article is on “The Chicken Chick” website.
Article is titled: Control and Treatment of Worms In Chickens.
The Safeguard paste is supposed to treat threadworms, roundworms, cecal worms and gapeworms.
I took a screenshot of it...
62AAF7DC-C5DA-439B-AD19-7B98E9DD7D23.png

5380FEF5-C4C9-4E9B-90EB-F3953DD00310.png

Forgive me, I was wrong about the tapeworms.
The article is on “The Chicken Chick” website.
Article is titled: Control and Treatment of Worms In Chickens.
The Safeguard paste is supposed to treat threadworms, roundworms, cecal worms and gapeworms.
I took a screenshot of it...
62aaf7dc-c5da-439b-ad19-7b98e9dd7d23-png.1612194

5380fef5-c4c9-4e9b-90eb-f3953dd00310-png.1612195
She has some very good stuff on her website, but her de-worming info has lots of misinformation. :( Maybe I should start a thread that points out all of the errors.

She has some very good stuff on her website, but her de-worming info has lots of misinformation. :( Maybe I should start a thread that points out all of the errors.
I’m just looking for something simple.
I don’t need to treat the whole flock.
Just this one emaciated bantam cockerel.
I don’t know what’s wrong with him. :barnie
A pea sized dollop of Safeguard paste sounds pretty easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom