Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Quail' started by MobyQuail, Feb 15, 2012.
Breeder Selection Topics
1.Obtaining stock from a breeder via hatching eggs.
If you order hatching eggs via web or mail make sure to ask the breeder several questions.
- What are the exact weights of your breeder birds?
- What is the hen to cock bird ratio?
- How fresh are the eggs I will receive?
- How big are the eggs I will receive?
- What color birds will I receive and will they breed true?
- Is there a guarantee on package shipping and delivery date?
2.Breeder Bird Selection
Cockbird- weight, body type conformity to standard
Hen- weight, egg laying ability, body type conformity to standard
Collecting Quail Eggs for Hatching
Incubating Quail Eggs
Hatching and Brooding Japanese Quail
Feeding Japanese Quail intended for Consumption
Culling and Processing Meat Quail
videos available on youtube.com
Meat Quail Licensing Requirements
will expand to include links to stickies and State licensing.
eta- this thread on selling Quail eggs to market got me thinking about "Jumbo Jumbo Eggs"