Tattooing birds for ID

Quote:
You don't get the media in against the criminals.

You get the media attention to make the cops stand up and do something.

That is true also.

My train of thought was, the criminals would see their work on the television and get a sick kick out of it.

Yes, it may spur the cops into motion, but in all honesty, what can the cops do? The cops can catch someone if the person was caught on the seen and able to be caught in the act or at least identified. The OP has caught them on game cams, but without enough detail to make a positive ID.

I would love to see this person come to justice as much as the next person!

How are these people gaining entry to your friend's property? Is she backed up to woods? Are they driving a vehicle up into a certain point?

She needs to work on her defenses. Are they doing this while she is at home? If so, they make drive way alarms that are triggered by motion. What you do it place the driveway alarm which ever way these people are getting in. The motion sensor goes out in the yard, but the reciever which stays in the house chimes when the sensor is activated.

Quote:
Take pictures of the site to build a case file that would include evidence for reparations and to possibly increase the level of charges brought by taking into account the value of the items destroyed. Respond faster to future calls and perhaps thus manage to catch the perpetrators in the act or with stolen property in hand. Question the neighbors. So on, so forth.

There are many good suggestions and I would start doing many of them, but I also think this is a good situation to hire a private investigator. I know it depends on the state but many are licensed peace officers and carry guns and can arrest people. Some are even off duty police officers who moonlight as investigators. Good ones have all kinds of surveillance equipment, and forensics techniques the use. Think of CSI
wink.png
Plus if the Sheriff's office know a PI is involved they will automatically get more involved since the PI will not only expose the criminal, but will make the cops look bad for not doing their jobs. The Sheriff is elected, so they don't like looking bad. If the person is caught and is sued you can not only get your attorney fees back, but you can also get back the PI fees in court. The other option is do nothing and then the terrorist wins.

What about using a good electric fence? I hear they will knock you on your butt. Can her GP see the coops from the house? If so she could keep the dogs inside when she's not out to supervise, that way they can warn her of the goings on without being drugged. I'm sorry this is happening and gl to your friend
hugs.gif

On my birds ( RIR's ) we use 3 forms of identification the first form is a "dummy" leg band like this the second form of ID is a wing band like this and the third is a tattoo in the wing web..
I take a picture of the tattoo I had put in each birds wing web then load it in a "chicken ID" file on the computer. In the chicken ID file I have a picture of all the birds, there tattoo number picture, wing band number and the "dummy leg band" number..
That way you can pull up and print out all the information of a bird that was stolen and take it with you all so you have picture proof of the tattoo identification number.
Now I have to say I have never had a bird stolen (knock on wood) but Id rather be safe than sorry...

Chris

What do you use to tattoo the web?

Back
Top Bottom