Tax refund delay

Damummis

Chickenista
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Mid-Coast
Anyone else getting a delayed refund? Apparently the IRS is scrambling to change the computer programs to the new tax break standards and millions of tax refunds are delayed.

I dunno, Ours says it's supposed to be back Friday. I hope so, I'll have lots of spare cash to spend at the show!
lol.png

You might want to check the status of that. I was suppost to get mine today. I don't get it till next week now.

That's via IRS.gov's "where's my refund?" It's not a big deal to me though, if I don't get it, I don't. If I do, I do. I think it's only delayed if you have certain forms in your return? I'm not really sure. Ours is pretty simple, hubbys w2, my schedule C, etc.

Oh hell. I could have gone another month without hearing that. Doesn't surprise me though.

If you do itemized deductions, they will not start processing until Feb. 14th. So, you won't get your federal refund until after that. Thanks to the new computer software they're using. That's what I was told anyway. I do my taxes myself with turbo tax and before I even began, a screen popped up and said it would not even process until the 14th.

mine isnt being delayed because of that. i did mine thru turbo tax its being processed and i should have it by febuary 15th. allthough when i signed up for direct deposit i put the routing and account numbers in right but i added the check number on the end of my account number. duh. so that might mess it up . i called my bank and told them . hopefully my bank wont deny it going thru. if so it will get sent back to irs and i will have to wait for a paper check. uggh.

Quote:
mine says it's being processed also, but it said it wouldn't go through until at least the 14th, so I'm not getting too anxious. I hope you get your soon though and don't have to wait. Heck, I hope I get mine soon!

as of last tuesday mine is being processed i should get it by the 15th as long as theres no processing delays or i owe other taxes. so hopefully next week .

Back
Top Bottom