1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tax refund delay

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Damummis, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Anyone else getting a delayed refund? Apparently the IRS is scrambling to change the computer programs to the new tax break standards and millions of tax refunds are delayed.

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I dunno, Ours says it's supposed to be back Friday. I hope so, I'll have lots of spare cash to spend at the show! [​IMG]

3. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    You might want to check the status of that. I was suppost to get mine today. I don't get it till next week now.

4. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    That's via IRS.gov's "where's my refund?" It's not a big deal to me though, if I don't get it, I don't. If I do, I do. I think it's only delayed if you have certain forms in your return? I'm not really sure. Ours is pretty simple, hubbys w2, my schedule C, etc.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Oh hell. I could have gone another month without hearing that. Doesn't surprise me though.

6. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    If you do itemized deductions, they will not start processing until Feb. 14th. So, you won't get your federal refund until after that. Thanks to the new computer software they're using. That's what I was told anyway. I do my taxes myself with turbo tax and before I even began, a screen popped up and said it would not even process until the 14th.

7. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    mine isnt being delayed because of that. i did mine thru turbo tax its being processed and i should have it by febuary 15th. allthough when i signed up for direct deposit i put the routing and account numbers in right but i added the check number on the end of my account number. duh. so that might mess it up . i called my bank and told them . hopefully my bank wont deny it going thru. if so it will get sent back to irs and i will have to wait for a paper check. uggh.

8. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:mine says it's being processed also, but it said it wouldn't go through until at least the 14th, so I'm not getting too anxious. I hope you get your soon though and don't have to wait. Heck, I hope I get mine soon!

9. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Maybe it is just what they are telling us, and they are broke.

10. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    as of last tuesday mine is being processed i should get it by the 15th as long as theres no processing delays or i owe other taxes. so hopefully next week .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by