1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tax refund delay

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Damummis, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Quote:As much taxes as we paid in they shouldn't be.

2. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI

Heh, but look how good they are at spending it....nothing but free loans from us...

3. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast

Unfortunately all your income tax dollars go to pay the interest on the gov. loans from the fed.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I've read up on it....don't blame the IRS for mess. Blame it on Congress for the delays, voting in December, 2010, therefore causing delays for the IRS to update and download the changes on the computers. [​IMG]

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Don't forget that there was once a surplus in social security until congress raided it three times and claimed it would replenish on its own...
    Yeah doesn't work that way.
    Buttheads

6. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    DH filed on turbotax and it wouldn't let him e-file for some reason [​IMG] So we mailed it. It will still be direct deposit, but who know when it will be processed...

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:If they're broke, they should stop spending so dang much money!

You suppose they'll accept my "your payment will be delayed due to software issues" when I have to pay in? lol!

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I was SO peeved. Got ours done using online free one and it gets to the last bit and I find out if I'd done it the day before I'd have gotten our return two weeks earlier. Wish they'd have told me that when I started the reture (a few days beforehand, waiting on W-2s). Anywho, ours is slated to be deposited on the 11th... we'll see if it's on time.

And you can thank Congress/Senate/O for the hitch... them waiting until the last minute to drop this into the IRS's lap is what's created the delay. If they'd sucked it up and gotten their job done earlier it wouldn't have created much of a ripple at all.

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Our accountant told someone that there was no more overnight or next day refunds, and that is because if you have a lien against you, it will be taken out of your refund . . .so that might be some of it too. I haven't even started compiling yet. . . .sheesh. dread it. And, DH is NO good at it, and makes it twice as hard if he tries to give me input, because then I want to output [​IMG] and that is when the fight begins!!!! [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If they are causing the delays, at least they can delay the owed funds for their mess! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by