Tax refund delay

Quote:
As much taxes as we paid in they shouldn't be.

Heh, but look how good they are at spending it....nothing but free loans from us...

Quote:
As much taxes as we paid in they shouldn't be.

Unfortunately all your income tax dollars go to pay the interest on the gov. loans from the fed.

I've read up on it....don't blame the IRS for mess. Blame it on Congress for the delays, voting in December, 2010, therefore causing delays for the IRS to update and download the changes on the computers.
sad.png

Don't forget that there was once a surplus in social security until congress raided it three times and claimed it would replenish on its own...
Yeah doesn't work that way.
Buttheads

Quote:
If they're broke, they should stop spending so dang much money!

You suppose they'll accept my "your payment will be delayed due to software issues" when I have to pay in? lol!

I was SO peeved. Got ours done using online free one and it gets to the last bit and I find out if I'd done it the day before I'd have gotten our return two weeks earlier. Wish they'd have told me that when I started the reture (a few days beforehand, waiting on W-2s). Anywho, ours is slated to be deposited on the 11th... we'll see if it's on time.

And you can thank Congress/Senate/O for the hitch... them waiting until the last minute to drop this into the IRS's lap is what's created the delay. If they'd sucked it up and gotten their job done earlier it wouldn't have created much of a ripple at all.

Our accountant told someone that there was no more overnight or next day refunds, and that is because if you have a lien against you, it will be taken out of your refund . . .so that might be some of it too. I haven't even started compiling yet. . . .sheesh. dread it. And, DH is NO good at it, and makes it twice as hard if he tries to give me input, because then I want to output
smack.gif
and that is when the fight begins!!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom