Taxidermy First time trying!* UPDATE* Mostly finished! *pics*

Weeeeelll...we got the screw in the bird today (he was very wobbly), so we decided to put a screw in the bad side against the corn stalks. The scene or background isn't finished yet, we are still trying to decide on what to do to the base.

There are some flaws on him but for my first time I guess it isn't bad. We very rarely get a bird hunting maybe at the max 2 a year. This guy was the only one got this year.

16241_img_0421.jpg

16241_img_0422.jpg

WOW, that looks wonderful. Its not really something I have ever wanted to do- but the results are sometimes wonderful.

Well done. If I hadnt known the topic first- i would have thought it was still alive with that pose.

Great looking mount! I would never guess it was your first one. My exgirlfriend tried getting into taxidermy. Although she would never admit it, it was harder than she thought it would be. All she got completed was a fox squirrel, and bless her heart, it looked like someones first squirrel. LOL At least you could tell it was a squirrel though. Sometimes you see things on ebay that you can't really tell what they are, or were.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom