Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

My husband brought home some Corsican mint for me. It looks an awful lot like penny royal...
Which is poisonous... Let me do some search on that.
and....

wikipedia says:
Use in the kitchen[edit]

This plant is also used in cuisine, most famously as the flavoring in crème de menthe.[3] It is sometimes said to have a scent similar to pennyroyal.
from you grow girl:
corsicanmint.jpg

WHA HA! so what i always thought was penny royal was Corsican mint all these years!
yeah, eat away, penny royal is not at all like it.
Well now...I plan on planting plenty of it!
I think it would look great in some fairy gardens!

I have some serious uses for this stuff now!
Thank you searsmom. I would have never of researched it without you.
I would have just assumed that mislabeled plant from years ago was accurate!
That's awesome! Glad to be of help! I love that stuff....it never seems to grow big enough to satisfy...so this time I ordered 3. It won't survive the winters here and I'm not a very good houseplant person, but I'll be doing my darndest to keep it alive this winter.

Hi! Sorry I haven't been on this thread in a while. I've tried to keep up with reading, but I've had some health issues and there are some things that I can't let fall by the wayside. 30+ chickens, several children (homeschooling), an incubator hatch (successful), a broody hatch (unsuccessful), philosophy paper (submitted late, but thankfully not penalized), all that and I had an IBS flare up and a massive headache (from not taking the anti-inflammatory for my sinuses b/c of the IBS flare up) and DH made me go to the hospital for the headache but they treated me for a UTI and ignored the headache (I really don't see the point in going to the ER; I'd rather die at home than there...) Anyway, I'm back for the week; then I've got two classes and we're moving and IDK how much free time I"m going to have. I might have to reduce my BYC time to updating my thread and answering PMs for the next two months, but after that, I'll have two months off of school until fall semester starts!!! =D
So...
Hello!
I hope everyone is doing well!!!
Take care of yourselves and each other!!!
Oh, there are pics of the chicks on my thread. ;-)

I had to take my DH to the hospital yesterday for appendicitis - it had not burst - so I'm waiting for the Dr to come from his dinner and get started and I desperately need a cup of tea. It's dinner time so I'm thinking the hospital cafe will be open. Nope. Vending machine cappuccino. It smelled horrible and tasted just as bad. I really enjoyed my cup this morning.

On a good note, the operation was successful and DH is home - 12 hours later and much sooner than I expected. But sleeping a lot and hopefully making full use of his recovery time.

Oh my goodness. That was out of the blue? I am glad he is alright. That is scary.
12 hours and he is home already? did they remove it lapacroscopically, or just feel he will stay healthier at home?
Take care of yourself too!

Take care and good luck!

Thank you!
I'm getting better and it looks like I'll probably end up with a B+ in philosophy. I'm debating about asking for an extra credit assignment. IDK.

Take care of yourself, stress can do terrible things to your body. Make sure can find some time for "me time". I had 4 kids, I know how hard that can be.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to have to get DH involved in getting me "me time". He's usually good about that though; just have to start using it again. =)

Take care.
Your plate is full, for sure.

Thanks!
Yeah. Moving should help; I'll be much closer to a friend of mine, so she'll be able to help more. =)

I had to take my DH to the hospital yesterday for appendicitis - it had not burst - so I'm waiting for the Dr to come from his dinner and get started and I desperately need a cup of tea. It's dinner time so I'm thinking the hospital cafe will be open. Nope. Vending machine cappuccino. It smelled horrible and tasted just as bad. I really enjoyed my cup this morning.

On a good note, the operation was successful and DH is home - 12 hours later and much sooner than I expected. But sleeping a lot and hopefully making full use of his recovery time.

Sorry to hear about the appendicitis (and the cappuccino); glad it hadn't burst and that the surgery went quickly and well!!!
Hope he recovers fully and quickly!!!

Hi everybody!! I was away for close to a month and I missed seeing all posts since then. Hope everyone is doing well. I missed this thread!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hi tea loving people!

I have just read some of the past posts. Teachick and Searsmom, I'm so sorry for all that's happened to you! Sorry I haven't had a chance to read the posts earlier, how inconsiderate of me.

Teachick, hope you are back to health and that you can come back to the thread soon.

Searsmom, hope your husband is fully recovered by now and you are all doing well.

Take good care of yourselves, everyone!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom