Teaching my kids a thing or 3............

"Homebrew?"
droolin.gif

Yep, just racked 4 gallons tonight:

Honey mint lemonaide (a mead with lemon zest & mint) it's a summer sipper.

Orange & Clove mead for thanksgiving

An Austrialian Lager (like fosters, but drinkable)

Sunshine berry beer (a light raspberry ale for summer)

I minored in bio chem (met mr Saddi in class), and kept taking chemestry classes to hang out with the tall blond guy!
roll.png

It's honey wine, instead of grape juice you ferment honey. Stuff is usually a year before it can hit a glass, so it takes a level of waiting that frustrates people. I'm a complete lightweight, with a 1/2 glass maximum so I end up giving it away.

It's very good, I just lack the ability to drink, but it gives me a different sort of recipie to tinker with.

Last edited:
Quote:
how do you actually do it? I am thinking of getting quail to raise and eat but am having a hard tine with the thought of..... I am just not a killer! I even was gonna ask local butcher how much to do chickens and quial. But quail seems eaiser. maybe???

I think it's great your teaching this kids survival tactic's!!
thumbsup.gif

How's quail taste? Can i pass it off as chicken?? LOL
lau.gif

Quote:
It makes them easier to eat.
gig.gif
You just think of them as food. It doesn't make you a killer to eat or even to control population. I can't think of another animal that has to consider its food. Most only kill what they can eat or need for there family but they take what they need.

i can't be in the moment of death, no matter what i put in my head! It's the buddist in me
gig.gif
It's just the moment, that's it.

i mean i know what i eat is dead, i just can't inflict the death! We carry bugs out of our house
lau.gif

Ok so i kill spiders, i am a buddist spider fighter monk
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom