1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Teenage Orpington Roo - Southern CA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Snowkitten714, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Snowkitten714

Snowkitten714 Chirping

Mar 8, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    I've got a teenage Orpington I picked up from my local feed store that turned out to be a roo. So far he seems a good boy, he tid bits to his girls, he keeps his eyes on the sky while they are out foraging. I'm not certain I want to rehome him, but I already have a resident rooster and not sure he will accept the young roo. Plus I only have 6 girls, which isn't really enough for 2 boys. I'm on a wait and see status on how things go. I named him Gandalf, because he is grey. He's still weary of humans, skittish, but once you catch him, he settles down. I'm still working on that.
    I'm potentially looking for a home that won't eat him, gives him a big flock of his own, room to forage, a safe coop to sleep in at night.

Gandalf.jpg

2. LJoWilly

LJoWilly Songster

Oct 28, 2016
    Illinois
    He's beautiful, I hope you find him a forever home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: