Tell me about the good stuff you've discovered...

itsmechrissy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Looks like there's a lot of new little features to this site that are really cool if we take the time to look and find them ...

For example: I love how within the forum the 'thread starter' is noted in all of their posts .... I can't tell you how many times with the old site I forgot who started the conversation and had to go back to the beginning of the thread to find out. IMO, that's a time saver

So tell me, what new and exicting stuff you've discovered on the new BYC?

I also LOVE being able to upload photos directly from my hard drive!! That is so danged awesome. I don't care if all the other changes turn out to be crap, those two make it all worth it for me, LOL.

Quote:
I love, love, LOVE the avatar part!! Makes it sooo easy to upload and use different pictures, LOL.
Quote:
I also LOVE being able to upload photos directly from my hard drive!! That is so danged awesome. I don't care if all the other changes turn out to be crap, those two make it all worth it for me, LOL.
I agree with both, photo uploading is oh so much easier!!!! Have you tried the 'multi quote' ..I like it! And the fact that you can preview your posts before submitting. Maybe these were possible on the old site to but I never tried.

The thing that I really like is that you can jump to your last post in a thread. I post on a lot of longer topics, and as I'm usually offline during what I call the "American rush hour", I can now easily find where I last posted to see if anyone replied.
tongue.png
(Usually nobody does, but it still doesn't hurt to see.
lol.png
)

I also enjoy being able to post from the bottom of the thread instead of having to open another new page, it saves time.

The thing that I really like is that you can jump to your last post in a thread. I post on a lot of longer topics, and as I'm usually offline during what I call the "American rush hour", I can now easily find where I last posted to see if anyone replied.
tongue.png
(Usually nobody does, but it still doesn't hurt to see.
lol.png
)

I also enjoy being able to post from the bottom of the thread instead of having to open another new page, it saves time.

Have to reply just to make sure you know we care, thanks for puttin' in your two cents Ray!!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Found another thing to like about the new BYC: when you click on a link that's in a thread you get a pop up window rather (rather than replacing the page you were on). Much better process! Easier to get back to where you were in the thread!

caf.gif
I like the way that you can do the pictures.I could never get that on the old site.What I really like is that I can ask alot of questions on things that I'm not sure about a feel like I'm a dummy .By no means am I dumb but it is a relief knowing that I am learning something I like doing with others that are kinda in the same shoe ifyou know what I mean.I just learned that you can change your smilies by clicking on the icon and dragging it to make it longer.There is so much to learn.I also know that I have to space my time on learning about the new setup and learning about my chickens
frow.gif
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom