Tell Me about Your White Plymouth Rocks

I'll post back later when they start laying. So far they are pretty nice but they are not tame. The poor guy, I think he was so blind he didn't even notice they were covered in leg mites.
sad.png
Son said he was really happy when I could taken them off his hands. I hate to see people get so sick they cannot keep their animals.
sad.png

This is my first time having them so whatever they do is totally new to me.
big_smile.png

8 months old. Very friendly, calm, lay big brown eggs. Cold weather is no factor. Non aggressive towards other chickens. Non broody. Forage and eat well, as you can see.

So lovely!!! I just love how fat and sassy they look. I am really liking mine so far. I can't wait until they are over all their mites so I can free-range them with my other hens. I feel so bad they are cooped up all the time. :(

Thank you for posting!! That is really helpful. And wow, that's a big egg!!!

My ladies have finally started to try and get out of the quarantine pen. They are much perkier and are gaining even more weight. I can't wait to get rid of all traces of parasites so I can release them, LOL. They're chomping at the bit!

And wow, that's a big egg!!!

It's gigantic. Daisie's egg would be considered Jumbo size. Doosie's egg is whatever size is two times larger than Jumbo. Most likely it is a double yolk-er. I'll post a pic here when we crack it open if it is. It doesn't fit in the Jumbo egg carton, it won't close.
ep.gif

Last edited:
Here's a 3 minute video of the White Plymouth Rock hens, Doosie and Daisie along with our roo Louie on a cold gray winter day.

Back
Top Bottom