Tell me my two favorite, gorgeous chicks aren't boys! (EEs)

silverlining

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Highlands Ranch
My neighbor was taking care of them when we were gone, and swears one tried to crow. I'm hoping my guts out it was just a funny hen noise. They are about 7 weeks old, and the sweetest things ever! You go crouch in their pen, and they run over and hop on your arms and shoulders to talk to you and see if you have food. We live in the suburbs, and have a flock of 8 (two are still being brooded inside). Our neighbors are very cool about it, but we can NOT have a roo, or more than the immediate neighbors will find out and have a FIT. So...roos? Be brutally honest. They need new homes in Colorado ASAP if they are. She also said she caught them fighting one morning. Do hens go crazy fighting eachother? I know they pick on eachother, but she said they were BOTH on the attack. Thanks!

FLASH

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

CHIP

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

***I know his comb does not look that big, but it is actually bigger than Flash's. The pics for Chip just aren't as good.

Quote:
I agree. Flash (first one) looks like a pullet but I am not so sure about Chip!
smile.png

My 'hens' challenge each other all the time. It isn't necessarily a rooster trait.

Does Chip have red wattles? I don't know if they are usually the first to redden, but on our (now seven week Buff Orpington) roo, his wattles got red first.

Yay! I'm so happy to hear its not an immediate off-to-the-country for them
smile.png
They really are the sweetest birds. Neither one of them appears to have wattles. Hopefully it was just a fierce hen tiff! I will give them a few more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom