Tell me something GOOD that happened to you today.

3 day weekend starts!!
big_smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
The sun shined again today. I live in the PacNorWest & it's fall, so everyday with sunshine is a blessing to me. It was in the low 60's, so I worked in the yard cleaning up the garden, played with my chick babies...9 weeks today. Sat on the front patio with them as they dust bathed in earnest for the first time that I've ever seen. Funny & dusty & what a mess they were, but they enjoyed it & so did I. Raked up a big pile of leaves & the chick babies decided it looked like a fun place to play. WHIPPEEEEE!!!! Jump on in. Hee-hee. They are a never ending source of amusement.
gig.gif

PS - Too cute LegginMF12

Bought my first chunk of land today. 2 acres with a 40x60 metal shop on it. Bought it out from under a developer who was intending to build some low income duplexes on it.

Had an impromptu bonfire with the kids and their friends. Had a good time, got some of the yard cleaned up and the rain held out till the end
big_smile.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Congrats on the purchase!!! 2 acres w/metal shop....hmmmm....farmette-to-be????

Farmette? Nah, I'm a guy. I'd be a farmer. I don't know what ill do with it yet. Thought about fencing it off and running some.Barbados sheep on it. I'm thinking about using the shop for building hot rods and choppers again. Just not sure what ill do with it! Options are kinda limitless!

Thanks!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Congrats on the purchase!!! 2 acres w/metal shop....hmmmm....farmette-to-be????

Farmette? Nah, I'm a guy. I'd be a farmer. I don't know what ill do with it yet. Thought about fencing it off and running some.Barbados sheep on it. I'm thinking about using the shop for building hot rods and choppers again. Just not sure what ill do with it! Options are kinda limitless!

Thanks!

"Farmette"= mini farm.
tongue.png
That's what my grandpa calls our place. You'd be a farmer, but if you were a gal you'd be a "farmerette." According to him...
tongue.png

Today.... I cooked up one of last years meaties. Tried following a tip from allrecipes.com for tender breast meat (cook it on the breast instead of on the back) and it was a fail. Terribly tough. But it tastes good, and there's not much that a few hours in the crock pot can't fix.
cool.png

Quote:

Thanks!

"Farmette"= mini farm.
tongue.png
That's what my grandpa calls our place. You'd be a farmer, but if you were a gal you'd be a "farmerette." According to him...
tongue.png

Today.... I cooked up one of last years meaties. Tried following a tip from allrecipes.com for tender breast meat (cook it on the breast instead of on the back) and it was a fail. Terribly tough. But it tastes good, and there's not much that a few hours in the crock pot can't fix.
cool.png

Amen for crock pots!!!!

My good news for the day is half good news and half fail. At work, last night, the boss told us we got the occupancy permit, pack it up!!!! So we all thought that meant "we are moving YAY!!!!" So we all packed everything. I mean EVERYTHING.

The boxes left, the office echos, the walls are bare. THEN the boss says "Oh we won't be over there til NEXT Friday". What?? Ok, I have a computer, and a phone. And a pen and pad of paper. Everything else is in boxes at the new place. LOL!!!!! "VVTA, this is Debi, how may I help you? You need the number for OmniTrans? Well there is this moving thing and my sheet with the number is packed". And so on and so forth.

One has to laugh at that.

I checked my lottery ticket today and I won!!!
wee.gif
A whole $3!!!!

That's $3 more than I usually win.

Back
Top Bottom