Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caf.gif

Read most of the stories on here... *shudder* these are freaky.

I wanna hear, Farmer! I really shouldn't read this stuff, but it's so interesting (This coming from a guy who reads creepypastas before going to bed. Bad idea.).

I'm waiting most anxiously on new entries on this thread.
Each and every one, worthy of the game.

Spook

Last edited:
I need to read all of these soon. I was directed here off the bigfoot thread. I have a couple stories that may fit in here.
I was elk hunting with a friend,our camp was a wall tent next to a grove of aspen. We had 2 gots set up,his by the door along the wall,mine along the back wall.
This tent has 4' walls with a pole every 4'. The pole has a 2" prong that the ropes slip over. We turned in for the night and around 4 am my friend woke me with a whisper,I don't think his whisper woke me,but that's the first thing I heard. I whispered back asking what was going on. Why we were whispering is beyond me, usually being woke at that hour produces profanity of some sort.My friend told me there was something outside the tent moving around,something he had no clue as to what. He kept Shhhhhhhhh me telling me to listen,I never heard anything, and he neverhas told me what he heard other than "sounds". I pointed my flashlight towards him,turned it on,and about had a heart attack. He was kind of sitting up looking at the tent wall were the sounds were coming from. When the light came on I saw him,then the fabric of the tent roof above his head wrinkled up above the tent pole, something had a handful of tent and then shook it,let go,tripped on the rope attached to the next pole,and then the sound of a branch being broke.
This all happened in about 5 seconds. We never found anything to let us know what it was,no coolers disturbed or nothing. That still gives me a chill when I think about it.

This one happened when I was about 8. I was in the living room of my parents house when a motion in the window got my attention. As I was looking a red devils face raised up in the window. I couldn't talk,just ran tripping over the coffee table and then finally yelling that the devil was outside. just then there was a knock on the door,I yelled don't open the door,another knock came, my dad opened the door and the neighbor was there apologizing. He was trying to scare my dad but nearly frightened me to death. I laugh about it now,but boy did it put a fright in me.:)

well my family is cursed idk if anyone believes in curses but back in the salem time the girls in my family did witchcraft and they were cursed I don't remember why but I will ask my mom tomorrow .. ever since then oh most every girl in my family this happens to .. my aunt works at a church she was all alone at the church one night down in the basement doing something with a piano when she turns and she sees this black figure looking at her and she ran out of there .. my other aunt used to wake up in the middle of the night with a black figure in here face screaming but only she could see it ... my sister when she was little she used to see black figures watching here sleep or when she was trying to sleep I should say and my other sister this was with a old lady ghost my sister was standing in the hale way and an old lady was running down it at her with a knife in her hand .. but these things have not happened in a while now .. where I live now its like a ghost follows my sister every time we move the ghost is there like her door will close but no ones there stuff will be pushed of her shelf but no ones there and this happens now

This happened about 3 years ago. We used to live in this big Farm House, and we were told that there was a woman who died in that house. We didn't really believe it though. In our living room there was a door that led outside. That door was very hard to open. We used to have to kick the bottom of the door to get it to open. My parents bedroom was just above that door, and one night they heard the door open downstairs, and my dad went to investigate. Nobody was down there, but the door was wide open. He said it sounded like the door opened easily too, which is strange because that door was almost impossible to get open. We don't live in that house anymore, but the thought still creeps me out.
th.gif

Ok, this is just the latest one. Happened in December or early January just past. Every night just after dark I go out with a flashlight and check all the stock on the farm, shut the chickens up in the coops, sometimes just stand in the dark with the light off for a while and just listen to the night sounds. I've done this all my life, just how I was taught as a kid to check everything before I go to bed.

This night it was about mid 30's and totally silent, no wind, clear sky full of stars. I walked out and down off our back porch, turned to go around the house and once I got around the corner and stopped for a minute to let my eyes adjust to the night and my ears to get used to the night sounds I heard a slight huffing noise towards the rear of our property. I listened close, turned my head side to side to hear better (I'm partially deaf in my right ear) and didn't hear anything else. I started slowly walking that way and after I got closer I heard a branch snap. My first thought was a deer, but to be sure I pointed the flashlight at the noise and clicked it on.

There was something huge and hunched over standing at the corner of our property. It was bigger than I am (I'm 6'5" tall and weighed about 285 at the time) It sort of raised it's arm to block the light and walked to my left towards my garden. I couldn't see it very plainly as I was using a cheap flashlight, was more a profile against the pitch dark night behind it, but it looked like a very large man in a fur coat. It didn't run, just sort of a fast walk on two legs but hunched over. I ran as fast as I could to try and get close to it, but it turned after about 50 yards and went into the brush and I lost it.

I walked back to the house and told my wife and kids about it, then remembered I hadn't finished shutting up the stock. So my son went with me and wanted to see if he could see some tracks. We walked back to where I had seen it go in the brush and we both seen it shuffle deeper into the brush. I would have thought it would have ran off, but it was standing just a few feet from where I had last seen it! Again, not a good look, but enough to know it was nothing that is in this area unless it was a person. While we were doing our checking of everything in the barn we heard a weird wavering cry in the bottom. I've heard that same call a couple of other times as a kid and several times while in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. We went ahead, did our chores and went back in and went to bed.

The next morning when my son went to do his chores he ran in the house hollering "Come quick Daddy, there's tracks out there where we saw that thing last night!" A couple of weeks before this I had hired a dozer to push off all my old fence lines so I could put up new fences this spring, so there was a strip of bare dirt about 20' wide and it had walked right down this lane of soil. I wear a size 13 shoe and the tracks were almost half again as long as my feet when I placed my foot inside the prints. For me to match the stride I had to run and strech my legs as far as I could so that would have made it much taller than me. My son weighs about 150 pounds and with him on my back we could make tracks as deep as the ones in the soil, so a total of about 435 pounds. And the other weird point? Bare feet. In the winter. clear marks of a bare foot too large and too wide to be human in my opinion. The toes were flared out wider than a human, but looked more like a human footprint than anything else I can think of.

I tried to track it the next day, but lost it after about a half mile in the swamp.

What was it? I have no clue. Maybe a really huge hill-billy running around barefoot? I can't say, but I've seen this same "whatever it is" several times and know others that did too. My cousin works at the local diner and she said she heard several dozen people in claiming they had seen the same thing around that same time.

BIGFOOT!!!!!!! :) I am a total believer of Bigfoot, the Yeti, and the Lochness Monster.

I need to read all of these soon. I was directed here off the bigfoot thread. I have a couple stories that may fit in here.
I was elk hunting with a friend,our camp was a wall tent next to a grove of aspen. We had 2 gots set up,his by the door along the wall,mine along the back wall.
This tent has 4' walls with a pole every 4'. The pole has a 2" prong that the ropes slip over. We turned in for the night and around 4 am my friend woke me with a whisper,I don't think his whisper woke me,but that's the first thing I heard. I whispered back asking what was going on. Why we were whispering is beyond me, usually being woke at that hour produces profanity of some sort.My friend told me there was something outside the tent moving around,something he had no clue as to what. He kept Shhhhhhhhh me telling me to listen,I never heard anything, and he neverhas told me what he heard other than "sounds". I pointed my flashlight towards him,turned it on,and about had a heart attack. He was kind of sitting up looking at the tent wall were the sounds were coming from. When the light came on I saw him,then the fabric of the tent roof above his head wrinkled up above the tent pole, something had a handful of tent and then shook it,let go,tripped on the rope attached to the next pole,and then the sound of a branch being broke.
This all happened in about 5 seconds. We never found anything to let us know what it was,no coolers disturbed or nothing. That still gives me a chill when I think about it.
Ooooh, that is spooky...

Back
Top Bottom