Temp Controller Problem

aurimilky

Songster
6 Years
Aug 17, 2016
  1. Temp controller on the incubator reads at 38.5 C
  2. External temp controller reads at 28.5 C, with temperature probe.

I am getting different reading from my egg incubator and External temp controller, as I am get two different readings.

How can I fix this ? I guess that the External temp controller is right but is out by 10 C

Also my mum say that the temp needs to be at 39.5 C, as one of her neighbors said it needs to be at 39.5 C.

You might need a different incubator. Do you already have eggs in it or no? If you want a somewhat cheap and stable incubator, there is a video on youtube that is helpful. The title is "how to build a $20 incubator" or something.

The Egg incubator temp is wrong as all of my hatches in the past have had water in all of the eggs.

How would I get the temp to go up?
I would feel your humidity is wrong if the egg is filled with liquid not the temp, but the temp can be off too. What kind of external temp/probe are you using?

You might need a different incubator. Do you already have eggs in it or no?

Yes I do have eggs in it, they been in egg incubator for 5 days now. The egg incubator was bought new this year.

If you want a somewhat cheap and stable incubator, there is a video on youtube that is helpful. The title is "how to build a $20 incubator" or something.

Thanks for the tip.

One of your thermometers is wrong. Determine which it is.

If the incubator is not a fan unit, doesn't look it, then that top air will be higher temp than air at egg level. With still air incubation the temp should be 101.5F (38.5C) measured at top level of eggs not top of incubator.

Your 10C difference is clearly a malfunction of one of the units. Determine which is faulty and proceed from there.

I would feel your humidity is wrong if the egg is filled with liquid not the temp, but the temp can be off too. What kind of external temp/probe are you using?

I'll change the water tomorrow, I'll see if that fix the problem.

external temp: It is the type used on doors in houses, it lets the person using it know what the out site temp and humidity vs in doors temp and humidity.

One of your thermometers is wrong. Determine which it is.

It probably the egg incubator thermometers that is wrong. It is black, gray and copper colors on the end of the probe. it don't look right.

If the incubator is not a fan unit, doesn't look it, then that top air will be higher temp than air at egg level. With still air incubation the temp should be 101.5F (38.5C) measured at top level of eggs not top of incubator

Yes it is a fan and water incubator.

Your 10C difference is clearly a malfunction of one of the units. Determine which is faulty and proceed from there.

I'll put the external temp probe on the in side of the lid of the incubator. I'll see what temp it gives me.

I also change the water in my egg incubator and I've now used less water. I'll check tomorrow to see if the fix the temp.

Back
Top Bottom