Temperature

Outlaw

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
McLure, B.C., Canada
Temp was holding for 2 weeks prior to adding eggs. I am bottle feeding lambs so it gets checked on regularly even through the night. Never varied. Then on morning of 13th day dropped to 98. So I turned it up. Dumb but I panicked. Went back up and stayed. But we went out at 5p.m. Checked before we left and was good. Got home at 9:30p.m. and checked was at 102. I have got it back and has held again for a day. But do you think I will get anything? Or did I bake them? Was going to candle but decided they had enough stress for a day. Thanks Sharon

The temps will flunctuate. It is really hard to not adjust the thermostats. Keep a positive outlook and candle them in a few days to look for signs of movement. I have seen temps swing from 98 - 102 and the eggs hatch just fine.

Good luck.

Also need to know what type of incubator with your temps....they should be fine....not a big spike for too long a time...

It happened on the 13th day it is now 16th day. It is an older model Hobovator with fan and tuner. When should I candle to see if they are okay? Thanks Sharon

You can candle them now. On day 18 candle them again and see if you see movement. After that leave them alone once you get your humidity up to 70%. Keep the bator closed and watch the temps.

Good luck!
fl.gif

I am having a horrible time with my Brower incubator! It jumps all over the place! I have it under a towel now because it plummeted to 87 degrees. This morning it was at 102! I have only had it one year. What's wrong??????????

Back
Top Bottom