Tempurpedic VS Sleep Number ...........

too rich for my blood!
lol.png

Quote:
We have one of those (not Tempurpedic brand) and are getting ready to put it back on the bed, since I can only sleep on my sides now. It hurts DH's back, but he isn't growing a baby so he can suffer with it for a little while.
wink.png
I paid around $100 for ours. Our mattress isn't worn out, just hard, so this will do for now. When we do replace it, I want a Tempurpedic!

we got the knock off brand of the tempurpedic at Sam's for about $700.. but i have to say, i dont love it. here's why:

* maybe its my imagination the foam stuff seems to radiate my body heat back to me... it comes with a plush cover, and we have a mattress cover and all.. but i dont know, it never feels cool to me
* my hubby is a bigger guy and his side is pretty worn down already

i know that everybody swears by them - so we are probably the only nay-sayers.... but there you have it.

good luck!

ohiofarm, I forgot about the heat factor. I hate to be hot when I sleep and that's just one reason I didn't like the foam.
big_smile.png

Quote:
No, you aren't I read some consumer report reviews that they wore out after awhile. The other thing I also read was about temperature. One lady couldn't figure out why the tempurpedic she tried out at the mattress store was softer than the one she brought home. She bought the same exact mattress as in the store. It turned out she kept her house on the colder side during the winter ( which I do), and the colder the room, the harder the mattress was. That's why I ended up checking out a latex mattress. It's not temperature sensitive, and doesn't radiate body heat like you mentioned. So, you aren't the only one, I've seen some folks say what you're saying. I've also read some good and bad reviews on the sleep number bed.

I researched everything. I figured if I'm going to spend that much on a mattress it better be one I like that lasts awhile!

Bluemoon

I love my memory foam! There are better priced options out there then Tempers if you decide to go for this type of mattress. I bought mine from Bragada.com. Super nice and have a second one in the guest room for when Mom visits.

You never have to turn them and they are lifetime guarenteed.

I have a bad back, I like a soft bed, hubby likes a hard bed, neither was ever happy.

We bought the Sleep Number bed and never looked back. My mom stayed with the kids for a weekend and slept in our bed, went out the next week and bought herself one. Then she bought one for my dad (he snores, she won't stay in the same room with him). A friend was over, tried our bed, now she has one. I know there are pros and cons to all products, but I wouldn't trade my bed for any other bed on the market.

Just my 2 cents.

D

I have a select comfort..... It is in a box somewhere. I'm willing to sell it. I loved it for about the first year. Than I hated it. If you like sleeping on an air mattress on the floor you will like it. My rear is heavier than my top and I'm a belly sleepier. So my back was always arched. Ouch.

I now have a latex. I LOVE it. The top is padded with wool and zips off so I can wash it and sun dry it. It is similar to a temperpedic except this is all natural.

Well, for sure we are all different. HA.

We got a Temperpedic in June of 09 and we just love it. It was a more firmer model which we love. It was kinda pricey, about $2,000 but we had sold a piece of property so we splurged.

It isn't hot, but I have a good mattress pad on it. I like it because I was having problems with my arms going to sleep when I slept on my side. No problems since the Temperpedic.

Also, it really supports my back, which I need. DH likes it too.

Hope this helps. You can usually try one of those for 30 days and send them back if you don't like them.

DonnaBelle

Back
Top Bottom