Tennessee Valley Fair

OutInTheStiks

Songster
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Thorn Hill, TN
Is any one planning on showing their birds at the Tennessee Valley Fair? We will be attending to check out the birds and it would be neat to be on the look out for BYC members. If you are going to be showing, what type of birds are you showing?

frow.gif
Tennessee Valley Fair or Tenneessee State Fair?
My husband wants us to go to the state fair to check out the poultry and see if anyone local has some golden campines, which I am just dying to get. Our local fair here in Dickson county started today and the poultry judging is on Wednesay and I want to go by and check that out too one evening. One of the local poultry club members suggested that we put our white black tail Japanese bantams in the local fair, but I just did not want to put them thru that stress or myself thru the hassle. We are selling out of the Japanese bantam stock so that I can get some golden campines, if I can ever find them!
tongue.png

I'm gonna be there! unfortunately my birds are going to be a complete mess!
lol.png
I'm entering a black Cochin bantam rooster, a Birchen Cochin bantam hen, and a WC black Polish cockerel. We had to regester fairly early and I thought the Polish was going to fill out nicely by then- but he hasn't. and his crest feathers have turned yellow from the sun, and his pen is 90% shade.
roll.png
The birchen hen has not only started molting, but has somehow gotten covered in mites!
hu.gif
I don't know where that came from but I'm suspecting it's from a homing pigeon that has taken up with us, but I suppose I'll be dusting her down again today (this will be the third attempt) So far the black Cochin rooster's doing OK, aside from a few broken foot feathers.
So, I suppose it will be interesting to see me scrambling to pull it all together
tongue.png

ETA- When are we supposed to have the birds at the fair?
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok, I found it!
the hours to enter you birds are

Thursday 10- 12noon to 10pm

Friday 11- 7am to 12noon

Saturday 12- 7am to 10am

Sunday 13- all day

Back
Top Bottom