Tennessee

Quote:
YAY! I have been meaning to ask you now for awhile. My two I kept started laying about a month ago... guess none of them were in a hurry. I don't get two a day from either one of them, though.... maybe your girl is trying to catch up. lol....

going to check out her story... aren't those eggs dark!??! The first one I found I nearly stepped on... it was getting dark and I barely saw it. She laid it on the ground in the mud... I just saw a egg shape and thought "Marans!" lol. Sure enough. I washed it off thinking it would be a little lighter... nope! The dirt was lighter than the egg! 200 chickens and I still get "egg"cited!

Congrats on your first chocolate egg!!! Willy Wonka would be so proud of you!!!!!! I am still looking for a BC Maran pullet myself, if you know of any nice birds that are available, please let me know!! And Congrats again!!!

Mark this day on your calendar! I am looking for a rooster! THAT never happens, LOL.

I need a bantam SPLASH bearded rooster. Prefer feather footed. Must be splash and must be bantam and must be bearded!

I'm in East Tennessee Knoxville area.

Anyone?
smile.png

Quote:
Well, today is your lucky day.
wee.gif
I have one.
ya.gif
He's a silkie and very fertile.
droolin.gif
He's almost 2 years old. A good protector of his girls and he is soon going to be replaced by an Ameracana roo.
smack.gif
He is with my EE girls. If you can come and get him, he's yours.
somad.gif
I can't ship or transport. If you want a pic just pm me with your email and i'll send it right away.

Quote:
I know, it's great. Finally. DH will be bringing him homw when he comes home from a paint job he's doing in Cold water MS. The silkie that is keeping the girls will be very disappointed if I can't find him a home by then. He's really good with taking care of them. A great protector, well he thinks he is. How much can a silkie roo do:rolleyes: I'm sure he would give his life to save theirs though. He's very proud. We had to teach him that he doesn't need to protect his girls from us though.

Emvickrey, thanks for the offer but I probably should have mentioned NO silkies! I am trying to keep the cochin shape and those darn silkies "pollute" everything with their little poofy heads and funky feathers. Did I mention I have a few silkie mix chicks already? LOL

Thanks anyways
smile.png
And good luck finding Mr Silkie a new home

What was I thinking?!?!?!

I set some more eggs! Don't worry... they are all purebreds and not my mutts I talked about before ...... well ALMOST all purebreds. I'm working on a project that is a secret for now - don't really know what will come of it, yet.

I set Dels, Barnies, and these project eggs. Fingers crossed! That last hatch didn't go so well. SOMEONE SELL ME A GOOD CABINET INCUBATOR!!!! If I don't find one used by Christmas I know what I will be asking the entire family to pitch in on!

just wanted to share with my Tennessee friends.

I have my Silkie roo posted for free in the for sale ads. I have a new roo coming to replace him and he has to ge gone because I have no place to put him. Well, I have a small pen and he would have to live between the quail. I don't know how well he will like that. He is PNIP certifide and they are coming out on Monday to test again for this years certification. He has been certified twice so far. He is a good protector and very fertile. I've hatched out lots of eggs that he praticipated in producing. They where with an EE hen and they all came out with black skin and a silkie look. Some had 5 toes, some 4 and some both. So he has strong genes. He is splash by the way. Alot of the chicks turned out to be a light splash. I got him from a breeder here on BYC that bred for show and he didn't make the cut because he has bad separation of his 4th and 5th toes on one foot. But there where many chicks of his that had perfect separation.

I probably won't repost the ad when it expires. I'll just keep him in the small pen till I get my silkie pen separated so he cant beat up the other boys in that pen. So if you want him, nows your chance.

I also have a buff orphington cocnerel that hasn't quite gotten all his feathers yet. Not sure of his age, I got him at TSC.

Back
Top Bottom