Tennessee

Quote:
You can also check around your area for lumber yards....many times they will have pieces they cannot use. We have a log cabin factory near us and i got some beautiful hewed 18" wide boards that they culled. They where only 3 inches thick so not usable. We did the entire breeze way of our barn. I am going back when the weather gets better to get more! Anyways...especially small lumber yards will have culls you can have just to get them out of their way.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
If you have problems with raccoons like I do.....put an electric fence around your pen about 3=4 inches off the ground. Fold small strips of foil and wrap around the strands every so often. The coons get a really big surprise as well as roaming dogs and foxes. If you free range you can turn if off during the day. This is the only way we can have a garden and chickens.

Hey y'all, will the electric wire keep them from digging under as well as going over? What about rats and weasels? Thanks

Stranglover thanks for the list and the pic that is some nice scratch. What I get has alot less corn and more millet and none of your good extras. But our chickens get that from what we feed the wild birds.

Our chickens are laying. Not much we are getting 3 a day right now. Should pick up soon. I will not buy a bator and hubby would let me but he wanted chickens that go broody so... No more chicks in house. I got the partridge rocks because they are so broody. Large size and calm friendly birds. Rooster does not crow alot either. Last year I had one to two broodies all the time up till late fall. I bought some replacements from my source and had two broodies raise them. Wow those chickes grew so much better than the ones I raised the year before. Can not wait till spring and we enlarge our coop which is 8x8. We plan on adding at least another 8 feet to it maybe more so I can have a broody coop and more chickens in main coop.

I am only working with this one breed. Breeding it up back to the Standard of Perfection but do not plan to show. This is my pet project so to speak. This breed is very very rare outside of the hatchery. Only 5 of us in the whole USA breeding these chickens. Barred Rocks are alot more common along with white rocks but all other colors of rocks are on the rare list.

OK a question. What do all of you that hatch out so many chicks do with them all?

Quote:
I love LC feeds, I buy feed for all of my animals there. They are very helpful, ho have you seen those wire panels they have? $2.40 each!

Quote:
I love LC feeds, I buy feed for all of my animals there. They are very helpful, ho have you seen those wire panels they have? $2.40 each!

thumbsup.gif
I love Lc feeds too
love.gif

wire panels? For what?

Back
Top Bottom