Tennessee

Hello! I'm new to BYC and to the urban chicken movement but am gaining knowledge fast. I live in middle TN (Nashville area) and i'm having a tough time finding a place CLOSE with no minimum chick order requirements. Only looking for 3-4 pullets as young as possible. If anybody knows any places to try, or anyone on the site lives in this area and has any for sale or anything like that, i'm fully open to hearing suggestions/tips! Please let me know. I tried my local tractor supply but there is a minimum order of 6 and they are not sexed. Problem with that is city ordinance says no roosters, and i would hate to get home and just by the off chance get 6 roosters. If it would happen to anyone, it would happen to me. :)

Have you tried the Poultry House? I just bought some Australorp chicks from them last week and they look great! Very healthy and growing like crazy. They had good customer service too.
Their email is [email protected]. They were very responsive to my questions and emails, which was great! I think they are in front of Bonnie's Barnyard down in College Grove on Sat mornings.

Thread talking about them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-from-the-poultry-house-via-bonnies-barnyard

Tantric D., I had great luck getting pullets at the late summer auction held by local 4-Hers who raised them in their chick-chain. Yes, they cost a lot, but I figured it was a good cause. They sold in lots of five birds and the best were pre-identified and drew the highest bids. My first egg arrived literally within a day or two.

Wow, I had heard of some of the breweries sharing their spent grain, but hadn't met anyone who actually had the rumored chickens. Cool. :) I'm hoping to get a good process down in order to keep food costs low, especially since I'm buying the grains anyways. At least they would be doing double duty.

Hahaha....our unspent beer has certainly been a good way to make friends! Wedgewood isn't too far from us. I'm down there a lot thanks to Frugal MacDoogal and All Seasons. We're near Nippers Corner :)

I can throw a rock and hit all seasons from here.

Have you tried the Poultry House? I just bought some Australorp chicks from them last week and they look great! Very healthy and growing like crazy. They had good customer service too.
Their email is [email protected]. They were very responsive to my questions and emails, which was great! I think they are in front of Bonnie's Barnyard down in College Grove on Sat mornings.

Thread talking about them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-from-the-poultry-house-via-bonnies-barnyard
Funny story, i actually ended up going down there a few weeks ago and picked up a Barred Plymouth Rock, Buff Orpington, and Americauna all around a few days to a week old, and now they are getting big! hilarious too, should see how crazy they go for a sprinkle of dried mealworms.

Hello from Seymour, TN!!!! I'm new to this forum and to raising/taking care of chickens. I haven't gotten any chicks yet because I want to read/study up on how to care for them.

Hi, everyone! I'm new, so I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself to my fellow Tennesseans! I'm in Dayton, a small town about halfway between Chattanooga and Knoxville, and I am really excited to see that there are so many fellow chicken lovers in my neck of the woods! ; ) I started my flock about year ago, and so far I have 24 fully-grown chickens and 29 chicks, with more due to hatch in about two weeks. My flock includes New Hampshire Reds, White Leghorns, a Red Star, a Silkie (Ethel, one of my favorites), a White Cochin (Annie, my other favorite), a Jersey Giant, a few Buff Brahma Bantams (including one of my roosters), a hen and rooster Golden Sebright Bantam pair, an assortment of other Bantams, a couple Buff Orpingtons, a Welsummer, some backyard mixes, 15 Easter Egger chicks, and 5 Cuckoo Maran chicks. To say that I've become addicted to chickens is an understatement. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to meeting and learning from you all!

Back
Top Bottom