Tennessee

We moved here last September and the wife is already getting anxious to plant seeds in the greenhouse for her garden plants. Just wondering when you start your tomato etc. seeds for spring planting and when gardens are planted? Scotts Hill.

Anyone in TN have midget turkeys???

Last edited:
HI all my name is Tammy. I'm in East TN. I'm married with 4 children. Our 3 girls are 13, 8,and 5. Our lil boy is now a yr old. We have 3 horses, 2 pigs, 4 dogs,lrg cochins,blue French copper marans,one blue orp too one mottled orp pulled. And the rest we have are barnyard mutts. We just got twin lambs we r bottling feeding. I'm looking to grow my Orp flock. Maybe acquire some lrg brahma. I'm glad to be here and look forward to more talk with everyone.

HI all my name is Tammy. I'm in East TN. I'm married with 4 children. Our 3 girls are 13, 8,and 5. Our lil boy is now a yr old. We have 3 horses, 2 pigs, 4 dogs,lrg cochins,blue French copper marans,one blue orp too one mottled orp pulled. And the rest we have are barnyard mutts. We just got twin lambs we r bottling feeding. I'm looking to grow my Orp flock. Maybe acquire some lrg brahma. I'm glad to be here and look forward to more talk with everyone.
Welcome to BYC from Scotts Hill. I'm hoping to find a brahma hen at the poultry auction this weekend. I've numerous serama bantams that brood frequently, but need a large fowl for brooding large eggs.

I'd love to get some egg or chick's. I'd love some rare breed brahmas and orps. But not many up here in East tn. So I'm still looking.
The Scotts Hill Poultry Auction is this Saturday; I have no idea how far that is for you. My wife and I moved here 4 months ago so still learning what's around us. The wife and I have serama and Japanese bantams. She also has a few BIG chickens from a prior auction, EEs I think and a Jersey Giant Rooster.

Have you checked mother Hen's hatchery in greeneville? I'm getting some lavender orps in march from them. As well as some other breeds. Rob,Denise, and Ricky are great, if they don't have what you're looking for they can probably find it.

OK sweet I'll look both places up. I don't get out much to know the smaller places here. I know few ppl said to try some other sites where you can bid on chick's eggs and all. Something rare breeds. And few others I can't find my list

OK sweet I'll look both places up. I don't get out much to know the smaller places here. I know few ppl said to try some other sites where you can bid on chick's eggs and all. Something rare breeds. And few others I can't find my list

I can get you info on a gentleman south of Rogersville that sells Boffins Orpingtons and possible Blues. I got my Buffs from him and my Blue rooster too.

Back
Top Bottom