Tennessee

I'm in Clarksville, TN and just found out unexpectedly that we are going to be moving across country in a couple months. So I'm going to have to sell my silkie flock and start over when we get settled. I've got 17 birds. Five 1-3 year old hens- all show or good breeding quality and all laying well. Eight 3 months olds I hatched this spring from Bobbi Porto eggs (indigoegg.com) She's a big show breeder and they are gorgeous- 4 pullets-4 cockerels including two exceptional pairs- one partridge pair-one white pair. For sure show quality. And finally 5 two month olds- mostly unsexed yet -fairly ordinary but decent. Out of the 17, three are naked necks; one 1 year old hen and two of three months olds. No frizzles, sizzles or anything like that. Just regular silkie fluff. I'd love to sell the whole batch at one pop. $250 for everyone and I can get back to packing.
If I don't get anywhere with that I'll split up into pairs, single roos or the whole batch of unsexed 2 month olds. I'm thinking $40 for the nice show quality pairs. No single hens for sale at this time. I'm not going to be able to ship- come and get them if you want them. If you take the whole batch (or the last bunch to go), I can throw in a small chickens house if you want it. Ask if you want more details or pictures
8.jpg
20.jpg
29.jpg
37.jpg

Im near Hohenwald south middle tn.

Ok posted this in predators and pests and was told to ask here. I am near Hohenwald. I just had a surgery and my closest neighbors came to mow lawn. While weed whacking she moved my welcome mat on the sidewalk and while trimming found 2 of these. Can someone tell me what they are? Or were I should say. They were young and in the 8 or 9 inch range.

20190905_185024.jpg
20190905_185102.jpg
20190905_185044.jpg

I'm in Clarksville, TN and just found out unexpectedly that we are going to be moving across country in a couple months. So I'm going to have to sell my silkie flock and start over when we get settled. I've got 17 birds. Five 1-3 year old hens- all show or good breeding quality and all laying well. Eight 3 months olds I hatched this spring from Bobbi Porto eggs (indigoegg.com) She's a big show breeder and they are gorgeous- 4 pullets-4 cockerels including two exceptional pairs- one partridge pair-one white pair. For sure show quality. And finally 5 two month olds- mostly unsexed yet -fairly ordinary but decent. Out of the 17, three are naked necks; one 1 year old hen and two of three months olds. No frizzles, sizzles or anything like that. Just regular silkie fluff. I'd love to sell the whole batch at one pop. $250 for everyone and I can get back to packing.
If I don't get anywhere with that I'll split up into pairs, single roos or the whole batch of unsexed 2 month olds. I'm thinking $40 for the nice show quality pairs. No single hens for sale at this time. I'm not going to be able to ship- come and get them if you want them. If you take the whole batch (or the last bunch to go), I can throw in a small chickens house if you want it. Ask if you want more details or picturesView attachment 1899146 View attachment 1899147 View attachment 1899149 View attachment 1899150
I just found out unexpectedly that I am NOT going to be rehoming any chickens. Three or four of the ones I want to re-home are apparently off limits, and all previous contracts, deals, and or treaties are null and void.
I knew my wife tends to make a pet of every animal she comes into contact with, so I was very clear and adamant that she chose one to pet and the rest were to be livestock.
Apparently we have changed our minds and at least three of the four original bids that were squired through pure happenstance are sanctuary birds and removed from livestock to the pet category. I only wanted seven total and two breeds. I now have eleven and at least five maybe six breeds.

Sorry about that- but quoting me above might be confusing for some -I, jashumbert, am still trying to sell mine and my dear husband thinks our chickens are mine to do what I want with but he pointed out it would be hard to carry chickens cross country and find a place right off where I can have them. I am being practical but hate it.

It could be worse, Chickengene; basically all mine are pets and while I am not adverse to selling, I don't kill chickens (unless its a humane cull of sick or injured bird). I grew up on a subsistence farm where we processed chickens every fall. I used to hide my head under the pillows when they killed chickens and then have to come down and help pluck them.

Okay, chickens gone. A nice lady from Watertown took them all. I'm sad but when I start over I know so much more about what I want, both in terms of birds and how to set up a chicken house/ run system. In a way it might be kind of liberating to start totally from scratch. Or that's what I'm telling myself anyway. Like starting garden planning in January.

Back
Top Bottom