Tennessee

.Just checking in to this page. Recent California transplant, now in Dover Tennessee near Paris landing state park. Been planning and working on our new home for over a year now. The construction is near complete, chicken coop will more than likely have to wait until next spring. I'll share pics when I get on my computer.
I'm planning to have roughly 15 or so chickens, and am kinda interested in raising some Delawares, australorps, copper marans and also some meat chickens.
Although I raised a small flock about 35 years ago, we traveled a bit so never raised any since. We still want to do some traveling, so gonna have to pray to meet an honest, responsible chicken sitter.
We have 5 acres, not all flat though, but first coop I'd like to be 10x10, fort Knox with a good size covered run.
So, hello fellow Tennesseans. We absolutely love this state.

I'm a shut-in from Scotts Hill/Sardis (Henderson County). Our electricity, internet, phone service came back on yesterday after a number of miserable days. Having an all electric home proved to be a pain. The wife stayed with her mom in Henderson while the heat was off; still not home yet. I lost several young serama to the storm, cold, and wet. Not much to do for the birds when the house seemed colder than outside. The weather says the sun will shine tomorrow-YEAH! That will help the birds a great deal. Right now everything is very wet; even inside the coops. One coop had the roofing blow away. Sunlight will go a long way in drying things out.

How's everyone else doing that was in the storm's path?

About the same I’m about an hour southwest of you luckily we didn’t lose power, but my parents live close to savannah they lost power for a couple days too

About the same I’m about an hour southwest of you luckily we didn’t lose power, but my parents live close to savannah they lost power for a couple days too

The internet went down shortly after my last post; still not working right. Glad for you. My birds are not doing well. Too wet and too cold for too long; lost a number of youngsters.

Back
Top Bottom